Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you ever get that gut feeling that it was time? Last night was the night for the gut feeling. I arrived at the pier about 1 AM and there was nobody insight. The waves were pretty high on the wall. I chose not to go out but slept in the van until 3. They were still to many over the wall. Back to sleep again knowing that 5 the peak was for feeding. Shortly after 5 I noted a man going to the pier. Unfortunately I fell asleep again. Waking about 5:30 I took off out on the pier arriving to find that the other fisherman has already had 3 - two lakers (one keeper) and 1 king that broke off. I was fired up. The other fisherman was on his lunch hour and went back to work. One other man arrived and we fished until two more made a showing. They hooked up and landed a pike. The other man hooked up and broke his line. He left and one of the others did too. At 7:30 I finally took my first fish - nice king. About 8 I had to leave and you know the story I will leave after the third cast! Hoping for all get out - WHAM there it was another king. With energy high and feeling good I came home with 28 lbs of fish. Enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts