Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What brand holsters does everyone like/use? I still haven't purchased one yet. I have to make time very soon to though....
These photos are so old I'm surprised the colors haven't faded...McDaniel II IWB with thumb break from Andrews Custom Leather :

Dress shirt Sleeve Waist Gesture Collar

Joint Hand Outerwear Shoulder Dress shirt

9mm Hi-Power

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And if the criminal misses you the police will finish you off.. Safest place is my smoke chamber. See you guys in the fall
Being familiar with the "sul" drill (Portuguese for "south") will go a long way to mitigate this happening. .

9mm Hi-Power

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey guys and gals -

Responses to my thread started a little slow but then boomeranged . It's encouraging to see that CC, defensive handgun training and a pro-active defensive 2nd. Amendment mindset is still alive and well here on MS. :yeahthat:

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I upped my carry piece from .380 to 9mm. Now carry both when in Detroit, inkster flint.
Speaking for the D. Am I the only one who's absolutely shocked at the number of freeway shootings? It's every night and multiple on weekends. I carry an old 9mm in the glove box just in case.
Don’t forget your knife buckle belt.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Land lot Rectangle

After a bad outing at the range shooting paper bad guys I usually just tell myself that I'm still much further ahead than the average crack head or gang banger as far as weapon skills go.
Lesson learned in practice: 2 weeks ago I was using an aftermarket magazine spring for the first time. It was supposed to give you 2 extra rounds in a stock mag. After my 2nd shot the base came off the magazine, the spring came flying out, shells rained onto the ground. The next round I switched to my G19 and finished the night with it. Took the parts to the failed mag home, rebuilt the 2 mags I converted to stock parts and returned the junk parts.
The morale to the story is I had it fail at the range instead of at the worst possible time.

Some people just view it as a tool, not a hobby like many of us.

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
View attachment 838753
After a bad outing at the range shooting paper bad guys I usually just tell myself that I'm still much further ahead than the average crack head or gang banger as far as weapon skills go.
Lesson learned in practice: 2 weeks ago I was using an aftermarket magazine spring for the first time. It was supposed to give you 2 extra rounds in a stock mag. After my 2nd shot the base came off the magazine, the spring came flying out, shells rained onto the ground. The next round I switched to my G19 and finished the night with it. Took the parts to the failed mag home, rebuilt the 2 mags I converted to stock parts and returned the junk parts.
The morale to the story is I had it fail at the range instead of at the worst possible time.
When in doubt grab the Glock sure. But did you modify your mag(s) just out of curiosity?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
View attachment 838753
Should have turned that incident into an impromptu mag change drill!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yes I did. My choice. Seemed like a good idea at the time. These were extra 12 round mags I have that I don't really carry. I like a little advantage in a timed shoot or stock equipment.

For a the keyboard Operators and Lawyers please spare us all the comments coming about not modifying guns and or mags for carry because so and so's brothers uncle said.....

But did you modify your mag(s) just out of curiosity?

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes I did. My choice. Seemed like a good idea at the time. These were extra 12 round mags I have that I don't really carry. I like a little advantage in a timed shoot or stock equipment.

For a the keyboard Operators and Lawyers please spare us all the comments coming about not modifying guns and or mags for carry because so and so's brothers uncle said.....
I've always had good luck with Wolfe springs - recoil, magazine, firing pin etc. As you stated with any modifications to springs, parts and even new bullet nose shapes ALWAYS run through some drills etc. at the range as opposed to "testing" them in a parking garage at 2 A.M. :dizzy:

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
33 Posts
Supreme Court allows the carrying of firearms in public in major victory for gun-rights groups
The ruling expands upon a 2008 decision that said the Second Amendment safeguards a person’s right to possess firearms at home for self-protection.
This article is from NBC News. I couldn't copy the link.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts