Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hoping to keep this non-political but given the rise in one-on-one crime across the country and predictions of a "...violent summer..." :

"Why experts worry the nationwide surge in violence could lead to a dangerous summer." ABC 4/6/22

So given this are any of you guys and gals doing anything more to be defensively pro-active ? Speaking for myself - Now that all of one's major life's demands seem to be out of the way ( at least for a while) I'm definitely going to spend more time at my pistol club, start carrying again in a holster as opposed to dumping the pistol in a haversack for a quick run to Meijer's or wherever , extra magazine in back pocket or on the belt and the like. Paranoid...not really...but bad things can happen to the best of people in the best of places. I made it this far in life and don't intend on going out as : "Ottawa County Sheriff's Dept. reported today that...78 year old white male....victim of...an apparent..." , if I can help it . :hide:

And of course one can't resist posting a ' Hi-Power- ready-to-carry- with-spare - mag ' - photo :

Product Tartan Sleeve Everyday carry Air gun

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hoping to keep this non-political but given the rise in one-on-one crime across the country and predictions of a "...violent summer..." :

"Why experts worry the nationwide surge in violence could lead to a dangerous summer." ABC 4/6/22

So given this are any of you guys and gals doing anything more to be defensively pro-active ? Speaking for myself - Now that all of one's major life's demands seem to be out of the way ( at least for a while) I'm definitely going to spend more time at my pistol club, start carrying again in a holster as opposed to dumping the pistol in a haversack for a quick run to Meijer's or wherever , extra magazine in back pocket or on the belt and the like. Paranoid...not really...but bad things can happen to the best of people in the best of places. I made it this far in life and don't intend on going out as : "Ottawa County Sheriff's Dept. reported today that...78 year old white male....victim of...an apparent..." , if I can help it . :hide:

And of course one can't resist posting a ' Hi-Power- ready-to-carry- with-spare - mag ' - photo :

View attachment 838449

9mm Hi-Power
Crime has been on the rise for a while now. We can all deduct various reasons for this rise so I'll leave that up to everyone's personal opinion and keep mine to myself. Whether one should carry and/or have defensive arms in their homes is another issue all together. If that's an option, I'd recommend proper and lengthy training with any particular weapon that would be. Not purchase, load and sit next to the bed. That scenario could make the table turn on the entire confrontation. If you are going to invest in a defense tool, you owe it to your family and yourself to train with it for the outcome you expect.

·
Registered
39,738 Posts
We all saw that wuss on TV crying about doing his high paying job. The worst danger he has ever experienced is walking down the hall with a coffee straw in his mouth. If he worked in the real world he would know about the real dangers lurking out there. Too phoney.

Reactions: Topshelf

·
Premium Member
15,324 Posts
I upped my carry piece from .380 to 9mm. Now carry both when in Detroit, inkster flint.
Speaking for the D. Am I the only one who's absolutely shocked at the number of freeway shootings? It's every night and multiple on weekends. I carry an old 9mm in the glove box just in case.

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
I upped my carry piece from .380 to 9mm. Now carry both when in Detroit, inkster flint.
Speaking for the D. Am I the only one who's absolutely shocked at the number of freeway shootings? It's every night and multiple on weekends. I carry an old 9mm in the glove box just in case.
And summers just getting started. I’m always strapped everywhere I go Don’t become a victim instead stay alive

·
Premium Member
12,392 Posts

View attachment 838449

9mm Hi-Power
Who doesn't love seeing those old antiques?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have considered sticking my SU16C in the trunk.... It would be nice to have some real firepower along for the ride.

( I checked with MSP - they say it is still registered as a pistol until I sell it..So it' s legal to carry loaded..I bought it years ago when Michigan had the requirement . They since changed it)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have a G19 mounted under the steering wheel of my truck. Quick easy access for both me and the passenger if needed. One extra mag in the consol. The interior of the truck is black along with kydex holster and the gun so it's sort of camouflaged.

I also carry a Sig 365XL in my front pocket with at least one extra mag.

I shoot at +/- 50 rounds a week through both guns in a defensive pistol shoot at my Club. It always amazes me how many people carry yet they can't remember the last time they shot their carry weapon.

I refuse to be a victim

1 - 20 of 41 Posts