Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to hook up camper yesterday afternoon to head to union city with my son [ its his first bow hunt ] check to see if he put the climbing sticks in the truck and discover that all of our gear has been stolen, Bows, arrows, releases, stands, flashlights, absolutley everything except our clothes which were in plastic bags. What a huge bummer!!!!!!!! well I figure its 2:00 oclock so I can maybe pull off a miricle and get us reoutfitted before everyone closes and just leave in the morning instead. I call my mathews dealer and he says come on down he has the exact bow on the shelf and will set me up as soon as I get there, my son shoots a bow with no pre set draw length so he will be no problem as well. After three phone calls and a trip to the insurance company and the bank we are on our way only to realise when we arrive that the owner of the shop [ who was the guy I was speaking to] made a mistake and the only bow he had was a special order for someone and could not be sold. Then he he wouldnt come out and explain it to me himself, he sent an employee out to give me the bad news. Now I have wasted three hours of my time and everyone else has closed so we are sitting here at home wating for 10:00 amm to roll around so we can start calling some shops to see what we can do. Sorry about the long post, I guess I am just trying to say Watch your stuff!!! I live in a remote area on a deadend road and if it can happen here it can happen anywhere!!

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.
They're are too many of these type of stories. It really sucks.
Hope you get yourself set up soon and are able to put your new gear to good use in the woods.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,129 Posts
sent you a pm with an offer.

additional equipment: 2 ladder stands/release/pop up blind etc included in the offer.

Let me know before noon today (Sat ) as I will be gone this afternoon to Holly.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I hate hearing about that kind of thing. What is it that goes on in a human mind that allows him to even think about walking off with another person's property? It baffels me.

You know, most of what's going on happens because there is no fear of punishment. Getting caught is not punishment and there's a fair chance that whoever did this to you will get caught; if not today, but someday. Still, petty thieves know that even when caught, the punishment for their ways will be trivail, at best.

Today, in certain parts of the world, repeated, petty thieves will have their hand cut off at the wrist by order of the court. Not by a giant blade in some archaic public ritual for all to see, but in a hospital room under full anethesia. Now, that's fear of punishment!

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble, TSS.

It seems that lately, hunting gear gets stolen on a regular basis. I'm guessing that it's easy to sell this time of year. Most crooks know people load up before the weekend, too.

It's nice to have all the stuff in the vehicle the night before, but I've started loading the hard to replace and valuable things (guns, bows, GPS, etc) right before we leave. And I have a locked garage. I feel better knowing it's piled in the basement.

The sad thing is that stolen property is rarely found. The only thing that might help property to be recovered by police is etching a SS number in a unnoticable place.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,129 Posts
for identification.

too easy for this info to fall into the hands of those who would further perpetrate "identity theft". This can haunt you for YEARS.

much better to use your Driverse license number. Police can readily trace you via this...unlike the SS # which has a lot of red tape for them to wade through in order to track you down.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
That is just plain wrong.

I firmly believe that what goes around eventually comes around.

So take solace in knowing that someday, somewhere, and somehow......

....the pile of sh_t scumbag(s) that ruined your weekend will get their comeuppance.

As the Chinese say when they wish to put a curse on someone, "May they live in interesting times."

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
TTSBowhunter I hope you and your son both take the biggest deer that you have ever taken, with the all the trouble you two have been thru.Hope everything works out and Happy Hunting

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I have been on the receiving end of this sort of thing more than once. I even had a nice buck stolen out of the back of my truck one year. Keep your spirits up, and good luck to you and your son.

Dan

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I am sorry to hear about that. I hope every thing works out for you and your son and you have a good season after all. I wish people that rip off others get what they deserve. I keep my guns and bow in the house until I leave then "Moe" the pitbull watches the house when Im gone.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Makes me sick. I will never understand people like that. Sorry your trip with your son had to take such a negative turn.

Doctor

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
MAN, .... That really Sucks!! :mad:

I hope ALL of those SOB's get what's coming to them!! Every time I hear something like this I get really pissed. Just a bunch of lazy, .. good for nothing PUNKS that don't know the meaning of working for some money to BUY the things they want!!

City life, .... I'm glad I'm in the rural north!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I got hit in Oakland County this exact time last year. Weekday broad daylight. Keep an eye open for solicitors and get their name, ask for identification, if they don't have literature or business cards write down everything you can about them and get it to the police. If solicitors refuse they are up to no good and you can bet the pick-up is right around the corner. If you talk to a patrol or dispatch you won't get much satisfaction, but if you talk to a detective this stuff is happening alot. Don't assume they won't come back, they've "tried" my place several times since. Get some type of security system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts