Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to add this to the post on ball color but a few guys mentioned dipping their weights in vinly. I am looking for where I can find some. Anyone tell me if where they get it from? Thanks

Nomad

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Nomad....they have vinyl type paint at Menards that you brush on. They had black and red when I was there. I ended purchasing some off the internet because I needed white. I'll check the brand tonight when I get home and post a link to their website.

cott

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Most industrial suppliers will have it. Loctite makes a bunch of colors. Spray on or brush on.
The original trade name was Plastic Dip, used for your tools. Hardware stores may carry it for that purpose.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
If find some fluorescent green, let me know.

Make sure it's actually fluorescent though and not just "bright green".

Fluorescent colors absorb light of any color and emit back out in a specific color. Regular paint just reflects light. That's why under black lights fluorescent colors glow. They're absorbing the black light and light in the spectrum that your eyes don't see, and emitting out the bright colors.

The same thing happens underwater. Red and orange light is absorbed by water after traveling only 10-20 feet throug the water. If you're running a red lure 80 feet down it'll look black to a fish. If you have a fluorescant red though, it'll absorb the green and blue light that does penetrate the water that deeply, and re-emit in red or orange. When a fish is with that 10-20 feet where the red or orange isn't absorbed by the water, it'll see the glow orange or red.

I haven't been able to find a true fluorescent green in vinyl dip. Only bright greens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts