Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 14' smoker craft as a winter project boat. The boat has set outside for the past 5 or 6 years so I'm going to redo all the wood and carpet. As an alternative to carpet for the flooring I was looking at this product. Does anyone have any experience with this product or could you recommend another? Possibly more local (SE Michigan)? The 3-4 week delivery seems high.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...ring-6-Wide&i=76084&r=view&from=grid&review=1

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Hey Scott, Happy New Year! :)

Rather that a floor covering like vinyl why not look at their "Tuff Coat" or maybe having Ziebart type bedliner spayed in it? Both come in multiple colors now so you don't have to live with just black or white. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I will probably use vinyl when I redo the deck on my pontoon when the carpet gets real bad.

The only problem I see with the installation video I looked at is that I think that they were talking 6 foot wide vinyl and they appeared to be doing the deck of a pontoon. They had excess material hanging over the edge of the boat.

Kind of confusing as my pontoon and most of the ones I have seen are pretty close to 8 foot wide.

What ever I would make sure that the 6 foot width of the vinyl will reach all the way across the boat you are working on. I do not think that a seam would be very water resistant.

We have purchased some things for our lake assn. from Overton's and have had great service from them. The delivery time may be because of where the product is coming from.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy New Year to you, Mr. Burksee. I heard from my buddy Dave from WC that you were one of the lucky hunters there this year. Congrats.

The only spray on bed liner place I called was Line X. They wanted $8 per sft and another $300 fee to change the color from black. Not crazy about a black floor and that price is more than I wanted to spend. I may look into another shop or possibly a product I could install myself.

Multi, the MariDeck comes in 6' and 8' widths. I did find a guy on Ebay that sells the 6' wide for $5 less per lf and his add says he ships in 3-5 days. $12.99 per lf for the 6' wide vinyl.

·
Mr. Flatfish
7,736 Posts
Boat deck paint with sand added has worked well for me in one craft, but I am considering those 12 inch square plastic grids for my newest boat as a trial...

Multiple posts in the past on this subject have not been complimentary of the spray in liner, especially black....

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Thanks! Yes, even a blind squirrel stumbles over a nut in the woods every once in awhile!

Try the Z-Tech Rhino Liner place in Waterford on M59, across from the airport and next door to Mazza's Auto Parts. If you like Mexican food Mexico Lindo's right there too! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts