Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Very Unfortunate and Sad Article

3673 Views 19 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Mohl
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Read that a while ago. Very sad.
  • Like
Reactions: kisherfisher
Wow, that is sad. They had to have been overcome by CO2 levels in the cockpit and passed out while underway. I don't know how else you could explain how they were found.
CO, not CO2. Deadly. Prayers for the family and friends.
Just want to say & nothing to do with fishing, so I'm already a little ticked at myself....but, covid has been a test, a lot for some and less for others, imo....just saying....

This tragedy is crazy....and we never get a "follow up" !....which imo again, might help a lot of people in the future !....the cause's of every accident can make people more aware if you ask me....I am SURE DD meant no harm in the post....

Now, how about these weather forecaster's !? lol....
I just wonder how something like that got all 3 while under power? Maybe they just all thought they were feeling sea sick?
  • Like
Reactions: Whitetail_hunter
What gets me is that they say the alarm was sounding. I assume carbon monoxide. Could they of been overcome before that alarm went off. So sad for sure
I just wonder how something like that got all 3 while under power? Maybe they just all thought they were feeling sea sick?
I guess? It's not instantaneous though and that much CO to knock them out that quick would be a darn high concentration.
What gets me is that they say the alarm was sounding. I assume carbon monoxide. Could they of been overcome before that alarm went off. So sad for sure
Terrible. May they rest in peace


Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Same question I have. Makes no sense.
What gets me is that they say the alarm was sounding. I assume carbon monoxide. Could they of been overcome before that alarm went off. So sad for sure
Depends on placement too I guess.

Far as instant, well our lab was laying on the floor next to the sensor in the travel trailer. Dog gassed and soon as he did that alarm was sounding.
I guess? It's not instantaneous though and that much CO to knock them out that quick would be a darn high concentration.
I'll add this tip and go away from a thread that makes me sad...

Every time change (I hate those things), I have a reminder on my computers to change the batteries and test all of my safety equipment at home and on the boat. CO2, smoke, bilge pump, etc, etc. They're always good of course but my step dad was the fire chief at home and I remember how sad he would be when someone died unnecessary and he had to clean up the mess. It's one of the few positive things I learned from him but it stuck...

Think about it guys....it doesn't take long at all.
Yep, you’re right, my bad


Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app. Slimshady Customs: Custom Painted Crankbaits.
CO, not CO2. Deadly. Prayers for the family and friends.
What do you mean by your dog gassed? A fart is Methane, a CO alarm shouldnt go off for CH4.
Depends on placement too I guess.

Far as instant, well our lab was laying on the floor next to the sensor in the travel trailer. Dog gassed and soon as he did that alarm was sounding.
Yup dog farted and alarm sounded. The unit was mounted floor level. Perhaps it was not a CO monitor????
What do you mean by your dog gassed? A fart is Methane, a CO alarm shouldnt go off for CH4.
Flammable vapor? You probably remember you can set off the Eagle monitors with a fart... methane
Yup dog farted and alarm sounded. The unit was mounted floor level. Perhaps it was not a CO monitor????
  • Like
Reactions: Skinner 2
They are referring to the gas analyzers that the Coasties were wearing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Makes way more sense.
They are referring to the gas analyzers that the Coasties were wearing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
  • Like
Reactions: Skinner 2
Ah. Certainly makes more sense now Thanks for the clarification
They are referring to the gas analyzers that the Coasties were wearing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Hydrocarbon detector, hydrocarbons are heavier that air, hence why they mount the sensor near floor level and the dogs gas setting it off.
Yup dog farted and alarm sounded. The unit was mounted floor level. Perhaps it was not a CO monitor????
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top