Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp didn’t think family wanted to go out in the boat today so never really said anything about it. Planned to just drink beer and not do much. Daughter finally said let’s go out at like 4. Well it’s gonna be cold out there for you girls, they said we’ll be fine lol. Yeah right they were crying the first 5 minutes. Had to launch out of 12th street cause Marysville was closed for fireworks. Hate that slow drive to the river! Was about 5:45 when we started fishing. Anyways we shot down to my spot and it was on immediately. Nonstop doubles and triples. Were using 4 rods then just went down to 3. Was only my son, his GF, and I fishing. Daughter and wife just came to hang out. We were getting at least 10-12 fish per maybe mile drift. Soooo many needle dick Ethiopians tho. Musta caught 60 fish in 2 hours or so of fishing. We kept the biggest for a 3 man and headed back in. Oh and my father in law who passed this past October used to eat a bag of plain Better Made chips every day since I’ve know my wife. Been with her 26 years. Welp wouldn’t ya know a full bag floated past the boat and my son grabbed em up and said thanks grandpa, Happy Father’s Day! And proceeded to eat the chips lol. Was pretty cool since the whole family was on the boat. Was a good day for sure. Yesterday was better. My son bought everyone tigers tickets for my wife’s 45th. So been nice doing things with the whole family.
Water Sky Cloud Outdoor recreation Lake

Glasses Shorts Smile Hat Sunglasses

Food Seafood Fish Fluid Ray-finned fish

Water Sky Vertebrate Casting (fishing) Lake

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice! Family is what it's about. We're empty nesters, daughter and her husband live down in Allen Park area, son works for Ford in Wayne. We see them a lot, so it works out well. Got a three year old grandson and one due any day here, looking forward to introducing them to fishing! Anyway, sounds like it was a great weekend. Happy Father's day!

·
Administrator
18,693 Posts
What a great Father's Day!
<----<<<

Reactions: Papa Liver

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks like a great Father’s Day weekend! Question for you SCR veterans. How long will the fantastic bite last into summer? I have been fishing it for about 4 years jigging and harnesses. Have done really well this year. But I’ve never fished past mid June. I would like to get a couple more trips in, just wasn’t sure how fast things normally drop off.

Thanks for all the great reports.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Looks like a great Father’s Day weekend! Question for you SCR veterans. How long will the fantastic bite last into summer? I have been fishing it for about 4 years jigging and harnesses. Have done really well this year. But I’ve never fished past mid June. I would like to get a couple more trips in, just wasn’t sure how fast things normally drop off.

End of month. Guys will argue but I'll tell ya. Come July its not nearly as easy as now or last couple months.

Good stuff Kevin!! Motley crue there !

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You can get limits all summer long. Just not the action we have now. I have a few dead of the summer jigging spots in the shade that always produce.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great report, good story on the better made chips and hopefully the tigers game you went to was either the Saturday or Sunday game. Water looks clear in pics, casted in PH last night the water had that blueish gray color to it, figured was gonna be a bad night, but they were shallow and hungry :)
Good job Norm. And yes it was the Saturday game. Think we won 14-5 or something like that.

·
Administrator
18,693 Posts
End of month. Guys will argue but I'll tell ya. Come July its not nearly as easy as now or last couple months.

Good stuff Kevin!! Motley crue there !
After surface temps hits 60 degrees it gets increasingly harder to JIG up a limit. Still, you can jig up limits all summer long and into the Fall. I guess it depends on how you define "fantastic". To me, a beautiful day on the water working for a limit of healthy eyes to inhale my jig... FANTASTIC!
On the plus side, the later into the summer we go, the more of the River you can have to yourself.
<----<<<

1 - 17 of 17 Posts