1,623 Posts
care to share the recipe?
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2lbs of venison Italian sausage
1/2 onion diced
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes- garlic onion flavored
1-2 T tomato paste
1 cup basmati rice- (boiled it ends up to about 3 cups). She used about 2 1/2 cups
5-6 peppers
Salt and pepper
Italian seasoning
1/3 C Parmesan cheese grated
Sliced Mozzarella

cut tops off the peppers and clean them out. Then boil for about 10 minutes
Sauté onion, garlic
Add venison and brown
Add can of diced tomatoes and tomato paste add cooked rice and spices
Add the parm and mix all together

put the peppers in a baking dish and fill with the mix and cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
what is that contraption?
Its a sous vide contraption. It heats water to the temp you choose. Place your meat in either a vac seal bag (mine were already in vac seal and frozen) or a special sous vide bag. Let cook for x amount of time or all day it doesn’t matter as it can’t be overcooked being the temp is consistently 130 or 165 or whatever you choose. You can brown the meat on the grill or in a pan before or after you sous vide. They are awesome contraptions, highly recommend checking into one!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Its a sous vide contraption. It heats water to the temp you choose. Place your meat in either a vac seal bag (mine were already in vac seal and frozen) or a special sous vide bag. Let cook for x amount of time or all day it doesn’t matter as it can’t be overcooked being the temp is consistently 130 or 165 or whatever you choose. You can brown the meat on the grill or in a pan before or after you sous vide. They are awesome contraptions, highly recommend checking into one!
Kinda looked like a sump pump

·
Registered
851 Posts
That damn thing made me take an extra Elk trip this year because Venison has taken the place of beef at my house, sous vide Venison is culinary heaven.

·
Premium Member
12,759 Posts
Tonight’s venison stew. My wife’s gravy looks perfect tonight!
IMG_0986.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

361 - 381 of 412 Posts