Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

221 - 240 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes Golumpki, thats how the person spelled it that wrote the recipe haha. Polish stuffed cabbage! And that fine beer is available at every corner store look hard and you will find it usually sold in large quantities. Sadly its still one of my favorites, my taste in beer hasn’t evolved too much since high school.
and in November it comes in an orange can :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Anyone willing to share their favorite corned venison recipe? I want to try one for New Years. Sorry if I missed it on a past post.
I cant seem to find the thread on here anymore so I cant give credit to whos recipe it is. So sorry for who ever posted it but this is the recipe worked great.
Corned receipe.jpg

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Just happened to run across this pic on my IPad.

Center cut venison loin roast.

0531CE65-7E75-49FF-B07F-52DEFF60C806.jpeg

·
Registered
936 Posts
Can someone give some roast advice? I am inexperienced with roasts and have tried cooking a deer roast last year and just now an elk roast. Flavor is great, its tender, not dry, however there are many chewy parts. So chewy I end up spitting it out. Am i just not cooking these long enough? The recent recipe i followed said 325 for 2.5 hours.. I only did about 90 minutes as the internal temp of it was already 155 degrees.

I did not butcher the deer or the elk, both done by a well known butcher, and as far as i could tell all the silver skin was removed. The woman and I both believe its the fat thats chewy.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
This one turned out awesome and very easy.
Spread crescent rolls on cooking sheet.
Layer:
Cheese.
1 lb of venison with taco seasoning.
More cheese.
Then roll it up. Bake on 350 for 45 min. Add to the top whatever you want...sour cream, tomatoes, beans, hot sauce, salsa, corn, more cheese, etc
20201227_180048.jpg
20201227_181259.jpg
20201227_180604.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Can someone give some roast advice? I am inexperienced with roasts and have tried cooking a deer roast last year and just now an elk roast. Flavor is great, its tender, not dry, however there are many chewy parts. So chewy I end up spitting it out. Am i just not cooking these long enough? The recent recipe i followed said 325 for 2.5 hours.. I only did about 90 minutes as the internal temp of it was already 155 degrees.

I did not butcher the deer or the elk, both done by a well known butcher, and as far as i could tell all the silver skin was removed. The woman and I both believe its the fat thats chewy.
I put mine in the crock pot before work and let it go all day. I think you are just not cooking it long enough.

·
Premium Member
8,558 Posts
20201227_181924_HDR.jpg

20201227_155114_HDR.jpg

20201220_142822_HDR.jpg

Smoked a venison roast and inner tenders today. The tenderloins were marinated in Italian dressing and soy sauce. I was going to grill them but decided to put them in the smoker with the roast. The roast was just rubbed good with McCormick applewood rub.
Smoked with Applewood chips in a smoker box set right on the element.
20201227_183220_HDR.jpg

Pulled them both off when inside temp was 130. Took like an hour or so at 165.
Then let them sit for a bit.
They both turned out really really good!!
I love my new smoker.

221 - 240 of 409 Posts