Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not at the dinner table, but who's gonna be out deer hunting on Thanksgiving Day ?

I know a lot of people are on the road to friends & family and don't get to make it out and others do. I plan to be out there tommorrow as a tradition and hope a few guys will be out pushing em around on the nearby Waterloo state land.

I'm also wondering who's been successful on Thanksgiving day in the past ?

Any way, Good luck to all and I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Day

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll be out for the morning and the weather is going to be bad. Will try to use this as an advantage. Find a track in the fresh snow, track it down and fill a doe tag or remaining restricted license. At least thats the plan.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I thought about putting a small venison roast in the oven with the turkey so I will have the best of both worlds. As for the hunting, I will be pheasant hunting on Friday hoping to do some muzzle loading but my Dad has to work on sat. but I will be out on the 17-18 of Dec. for the muzzle loading season and that will probley be the end of my deer season. Then for new years weekend I will be heading North again to try my luck at ice fishing. :)

fulldraw

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
It's gonna be 24degrees here in Grand Rapids with winds from 25-35 and wind chill of 3-8 degrees. I just bought some electric socks and some insulated goretex gloves, so I hope I can actually withstand the cold until 3ish

I'm bummed because I'll be out there solo and won't have anybody to do a midday push for the last hurrah of gun season for me. I know there's a BIG one in the area and that's probably the ONLY reason, I'm going to even attempt the bitter cold. I'll make up a big thermos of homemade Mocha to warm up my insides for the first few hours.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I'll be out - in spirit only. Family duties will keep me out of the woods on Thursday and Friday but I'll be out on Saturday. Ten or 12 years ago I whacked a doe on Thankssgiving morning. Four or 5 years ago I got one Thanksgiving weekend. On state land in SE Mich I don't see too many deer after opening day/weekend. Good luck and happy Thanksgiving, John-Ypsi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.