1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
mix together and pour over top
Bake 1 hour @325

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome to the site---
Recipe looks good I'll try it although I'm not a big kraut fan and may have to leave that out:) .
While digging around in the freezer last week lookin for gill filets (didn't find one pack:rant: ) I came across some venison burger from 04 hiding in there and thought what the heck. Thawed it and mixed 2/3 venny burger to 1/3 John Morrell mild pork sausage along with dried Italian bread crumbs egg onion seasonings etc and whipped em up into meat balls and they were good, reeaaallllll good :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I felt the same way first time I made this, beleive me you won't taste kraut.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
There was a similar recipe posted here from another or perhaps the same user. Anyhow, I found that other recipe Thursday and made it today ifuring cool, I am the only one here that will even look in the direction of kraut. Plus, once they see all the other stuff that goes in it, I will be in snack heaven for a week.

Well my daughter and her 3 little friends cleaned it out after I got a measily 3 meatballs and brought them down to my office for the first run, 13 year old girls can be pigs. Guess another batch is in order tomorrow after the little heathens leave!

I am thinking though that about a 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes might be in order to give it a little kick! I also baked mine for 2 hours at 325.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Finally made this tonight for supper. Even though I don't like saurkraut or cranberries it was really good! Great recipe!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Bump for your fresh ground venison goodness!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump- I usually use this recipe for an appetizer, it's pretty sweet tasting

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate to be the one to disagree. I made the venison maetballs the other night. I thought they were ok, but my wife only ate 1/2 of a meatball, and said she didn't like them. But, you know how picky women can be....also everyone taste is different...

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
It is a classic and often appears on pot-luck dinner tables but without the kraut.

The kraut, which was sweet because of the sugar and cranberry sauce, changes the texture and taste which might be why your wife did not like them "roadrunner727".

·
Registered
658 Posts
The recipe above states 1 can whole cranberries. I have never seen these before (I don't usually grocery shop thats for my wife) are they easy to find and are they in liquid? If so do you drain them?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I tried this recipe before. very good especially when i didn't have to cook and it was free, hope to have some during turkey day :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts