Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am announcing the 2017 Wild Game Dinner at O'Kelley Council Knights of Columbus in Dearborn will be on Saturday February 25, 2017 from Noon - 3:00pm. The cost will be the same as last year, $15/person for anyone over 12, $5/person for anyone between 6 and 12, and anyone 5 and under is free. It will be served as an all you care to eat buffet.

The dinner depends on donations which is why the price is so low. Anyone that donates a decent amount of meat will get a Buy One Get One Free ticket for admittance to the dinner. We will accept any HUNTER HARVESTED (no road kill) fish or animal except maybe muskrat because I don't know how to cook muskrat!

In the past we've served alligator, antelope, bear, beaver, deer, duck, elk, goose, grouse, moose, panfish, pheasant, rabbit, raccoon, ram, salmon, squirrel, trout, turkey, walleye, and woodcock. Since everything served has been donated I can't guarantee what will be served but I will post a menu when we are within a few weeks of the dinner.

I can especially use venison. We have done some pretty creative things with waterfowl and they turn out delicious. Some of the dishes we've served are corned venison, venison sausage fatties, venison chili, venison shepherd's pie, etc. I really love venison and have many ways to prepare it. Any game donated would be greatly appreciated!

If you have any game to donate, you can either reply to this thread, private message me, or email me at [email protected]

Thank you and hope to see a lot of you at the dinner,

Mike (Papa) Greco
www.papagrecos.com

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wanted to bring this back up. If anyone is willing to donate some pieces of venison that can be used to corn, it would be greatly appreciated. It has been a tradition that we serve corned venison and cabbage as part of our wild game dinner.

Thank you,

Mike (Papa) Greco
www.papagrecos.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts