Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like everybody is doing just fine this winter at least to this point.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably so Dave and the turkeys are finding the still standing nearby cornfield to their likings too. At some point early last fall I had poured the remains of a partial container of Lucky Buck on the ground near that small log that the deer are finding attractive too so it's making for an interesting location for a camera at least for the time being.

Grey Fox are unheard of in the area and one pretty poor picture indicates there are a pair, hopefully breeders. The Red was a welcome visitor as well as the Yotes have pretty well kept their numbers in check for quite some time now. Foxes and yotes apparently don't co-exist well in the same area so hopefully the balance between the two species has turned the other way for now.

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
Nice pics on the fox Don! I've been debating to put them out for turkeys. Nice day for the little guys on the feeders. I like the in-flight shots....

And the gymnasts.......

And the pole dancers......

Too many to choose from for over 1500!......as well you know!

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ariel shots are my favorites too Dennis, lots of interesting stuff you never see with the human eye. Btw...if going thru 1500 pictures a day isn't enough for ya there's another S40 build listed in the classifieds now so you could easily add another 600 or so pictures to the mix....:D

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
there's another S40 build listed in the classifieds now so you could easily add another 600 or so pictures to the mix....:D

I like that!

(P.S. Mine's a S600)

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You would never notice the difference between the two as far as day pictures Dennis but I think your build was done using C's for externals while this build uses AA's so the battery life would be cut by 50%.

I quit using my 600's over the feeders to save them for warmer weather use but I did forget that yours was an S600 build.....:dizzy:
These were all taken by the S40 cams this winter if the links work.
https://picasaweb.google.com/michiganbowbender/20150106SonyS40Trailcamera#
https://picasaweb.google.com/michiganbowbender/SonyS40PicturesOverTheBirdFeeder#

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
Supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus!

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
It all depends on what was/wasn't means?........:D

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It all depends on what was/wasn't means?........:D

Fair enough, can you pronounce it backwards without hurting yourself though....:D
suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
can you pronounce it backwards without hurting yourself though....:D
suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus
And chew gum and walk backwards, all at the same time!

how long is the battery life on your cameras i cant seem to keep my wildlife inovations camera to stay on might be in the market for a new one.
Don will answer that one for you.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how long is the battery life on your cameras i cant seem to keep my wildlife inovations camera to stay on might be in the market for a new one.
All of my builds are whiteflash units and depending upon the configuration of the build I can probably safely say up to around 3000 pictures from a build using 2 rechargeable AA's in the camera and two D's to keep the AA's topped off.
I can not compete with the commercial manufacturers if battery life is a top priority but if reliability and picture quality are a concern I can compete very favorably with them all with the exception of the Reconxy brand. They are the king of mountain if one has the money to spend on them.......but my pictures still blow theirs away any day...;)

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And chew gum and walk backwards, all at the same time!

No doubt in my mind Dennis, I don't think I could even walk backwards without falling down anymore....:lol:

·
Michigan Sportsman
684 Posts
All of my builds are whiteflash units and depending upon the configuration of the build I can probably safely say up to around 3000 pictures from a build using 2 rechargeable AA's in the camera and two D's to keep the AA's topped off.
I can not compete with the commercial manufacturers if battery life is a top priority but if reliability and picture quality are a concern I can compete very favorably with them all with the exception of the Reconxy brand. They are the king of mountain if one has the money to spend on them.......but my pictures still blow theirs away any day...;)
Would agree Don , the pictures that you post are very clear and of excellent quality. ;)

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
Not the best day for pics or a trail cam but, I just had to play with my new toy from Don.....

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what are your first impressions of the S40 day pictures Dennis, comparable in quality to those of the S600 in your opinion ?
I have a hard time telling much if any difference myself but the eyes probably aren't what they should be either.

·
proud to be a.......
8,868 Posts
I'm an old fart too!.....;)
Quick ?......rechargeable's or alkaline's for the back-ups in that?
I like how the sensor is closer to the camera for close-ups!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts