Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some input on them if anyone owns or had one. I've read a few reviews & most of them said they were a great firearm. I don't know how accurate some of these reviews are.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Weatherby vanguard's are very accurate! I own 2 of them a .257 and a .300 and both shoot under 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards with factory ammo. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
36,059 Posts
I won QDMA's gun of the year, it is a custom Vangard in 7mm Remington magnum. I didn't like the trigger so I put a Timney in it. It shoots pretty good with hand loads for my other 7mm mags. I've done no further testing with the rifle.

Reactions: Newcub

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have one in .270 Win and love it. I was not a fan of the trigger pull when I bought it so had a gunsmith reduce the trigger weight. Made a big difference. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another if was in the market for a rifle.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would like some input on them if anyone owns or had one. I've read a few reviews & most of them said they were a great firearm. I don't know how accurate some of these reviews are.
Thanks in advance
I owned one in .257 it shot better then I could. Smooth actions and great guns. It appears though they have different grades depending on which version you get.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I had to go to Jay's to get it in a 300 win. Nobody in the Grand Rapids area had one in stock or even carries them. Haven't shot it yet due to the weather. I don't like to shoot rifles in high heat & humidity. Plus I want to try what they recommend on the barrel break in procedure. Never did it on my Savages and two out of the three don't shoot that good. Hopefully this weather will break this week & I can get out to shoot.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I had a Howa (the company that makes the Vanguard) in 300WSM. It was a great gun! I took 2 deer at 330 yards and practiced out to 600 yards with it. The trigger was easy to adjust and it had a crisp break. The gun had a rubber Hogue stock. I personally don't like most plastic stocks, and the Vanguard is no exception. I suggest to go to Jays and try a Howa 1500 out before you buy. They're reasonable priced around $550 or so.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I own a Vanguard Sub Moa in .308. It is well built it is accurate. It feels great when I am shooting it. I would recommend a Vanguard as a great rifle at a good price.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I own a weatherby vanguard 2 sporter in a .300 mag and it shoots very good! Shooting hornady 165 gr out of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Own 2 Weatherby Vanguards 1 is a VGX in 7mm Mag and it shoots well under 1" at 100 yards and I really like this rifle and the caliber, but #2 is my all around favorite: Vanguard synthetic stock in 300 Weatherby magnum, great trigger, super smooth action, topped with a Burris 3-9x40 scope, oh man I love it. As a matter of fact if you see me in the Choppins next month I will have the 300 with 165 gr Sierra spritzers. Get a Vanguard you won't be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts