Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used mechanicals, but due to shoulder injury and healing, I will be shooting 50 lbs, but will be shooting a cut on impact 125 grain broad head Montec specifically. I just cut my arrows, and was going to use blazer vanes, with fixed , is there any reason to go with bigger vanes? thanks

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Using 125 gr black hornets with blazer vanes. No issues from 20 to 40 yards for me

·
Administrator
17,826 Posts
Always .... ALWAYS ... designate a broadhead for practice and make sure it shoots with your field points.
Also, to save a little money you could also shoot a Thunderhead. I have always had great results with NAP.
<----<<<

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Always .... ALWAYS ... designate a broadhead for practice and make sure it shoots with your field points.
<----<<<
Yeah that!

I’ve always used 2” blazers since they came out and have never had a problem with quality fixed broadheads.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this year, I have cut some new arrows, and am getting ready to vane them. Also I will be lining up all my BH's with the vanes , instead of randomly. . My broadhead league is done, I am coming off a 2 year period, of not being able to shoot, and as my league went by. started a regular regiment of blank bailing. and my shooting, ( shots), became much more consistent. After all is set, I then need to check my bow, and tune for broadheads. thanks for the help fellas. now , to figure which button I pushed to get this type

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Blazers should work fine. If you want to go through the effort of lining up vanes to blade then go for it but it makes little difference. Bottom line is just make sure the head spins true. Yuo clicked the Leaning I between the B and the U

1 - 7 of 7 Posts