Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering putting up my beloved 2000 Tundra R. Can't find anywhere on the web where some price points can be established. Dealers always wanna give ya $800 but that's a joke.

She's in darn fine shape, well maintained. Tunnel's been repainted, flip up seat installed. New gas tank due to the Needle Bar Incident of 2013. She's a fine rig...but no idea what to ask. Not sure about their rep downstate but around here you almost would have to fight the buyers off...very popular sled.

Anyone out there seen em moving around a particular price. I was thinking between $1500 and $2000 (to make it worth it vs just keeping it.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Considering putting up my beloved 2000 Tundra R. Can't find anywhere on the web where some price points can be established. Dealers always wanna give ya $800 but that's a joke.

She's in darn fine shape, well maintained. Tunnel's been repainted, flip up seat installed. New gas tank due to the Needle Bar Incident of 2013. She's a fine rig...but no idea what to ask. Not sure about their rep downstate but around here you almost would have to fight the buyers off...very popular sled.

Anyone out there seen em moving around a particular price. I was thinking between $1500 and $2000 (to make it worth it vs just keeping it.)
Go to www.edmonds.com they will give a true market value on what they sell for in your area. click on appraise my truck. they will give you dealer and private owner price.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wish I was still in the market for an ice fishing sled. A Tundra would be perfect. I'd need to sell a 1999 Ski-Doo Formula DLX 670 in good shape that I traded up to after my first sled was stolen from the repair shop. It's a strong sled but overpowered I'm sure for ice fishing (I'll only use like a 1/8 pie slice of the speedometer ever)! It's a pull start and I'd love to have something with electric start and reverse! I won't complain too much as long as I get to use it. I've had 2 sleds over 3 seasons and still haven't had one on the ice! I'm sure someone will really appreciate your baby!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here's a guy with almost exactly the same question but without any good answers:

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3696043/1

Here's an ebay auction for a similar but larger sled with really low miles. The same guy has 2 Tundras with low miles he said he's also going to list (and are pictured here in the background):

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ski-doo-Skandic-500-Super-Wide-Track-like-a-heavy-duty-Tundra-R-/301053172751?forcerrptr=true&hash=item46182adc0f&item=301053172751&pt=Snowmobiles"]1999 Ski Doo Skandic 500 Super Wide Track Like A Heavy Duty Tundra R | eBay[/ame]

This is making me want to go beg the wife but my knee pads are already worn out! ;-)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I would think that if the dealer is offering $800, then he must think he could double that. So your price range seems about right.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
2,386 Posts
...around here you almost would have to fight the buyers off...very popular sled..... I was thinking between $1500 and $2000 (to make it worth it vs just keeping it.)
I bought my 98 Tundra II from a local trapper about 7 years ago for $1800 and considered it a STEAL! But hey, it's hard to put a price on rugged reliability.

We've caribou hunted at Mirage up in northern Quebec and they have dozens of Tundras they rent out to hunters; this told me all I needed to know about choosing a utility sled.

Just a guess really, but I imagine that if you put it in the paper for $2500 it would be gone in a few days - Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Those Tundras look like work horses. If I had $800 I'd give you $900 lol... gota keep in mind MSRP was around 3k for those 13 years ago and since its not an articat, well the depreciation is significant :) But if I were in your shoes, I wouldn let it got for less than $1000.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Those Tundras look like work horses. If I had $800 I'd give you $900 lol... gota keep in mind MSRP was around 3k for those 13 years ago and since its not an articat, well the depreciation is significant :) But if I were in your shoes, I wouldn let it got for less than $1000.
are articats snow Harleys? the older ones seemed priced liked ski-doo & polaris when I was looking , Polaris has just about put them out of business, their in the black again but their but their margin is way low, not that I have a dog in that fight, I bought a lowly Yamaha w/ 1500 miles.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
LOL....who knows, just poking some brand fun. Sold my cat years ago and unless I have a good reason like moving north of the 45, the next item I buy will be a quad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts