Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,308 Posts
I have never gotten any Prime package delivered in less that three days, and that's over the past decade to three different addresses. It used to pretty much always be three days, then last year it jumped to around four days on average. Haven't ordered anything from Amazon since September, but it was around 5 days then.
Majority of mine, until Covid, was 2nd day as they promised. I'd order on a Tues and have it Thurs for example. Maybe distribution location?

·
Super Moderator
35,308 Posts
Looking back at 2019 orders from Amazon, if I ordered early enough in the day they were being delivered next day. If I ordered later in the evening it was 2nd day.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
Majority of mine, until Covid, was 2nd day as they promised. I'd order on a Tues and have it Thurs for example. Maybe distribution location?
My orders were usually in the 6-7 PM window. If I ordered on a Tuesday, it would show up Friday or Saturday most likely. But when placing the order, it always had two days later (Thursday in this example) as the delivery date. Then the confirmation email would show up with a day later as the target delivery.

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
Personally I dont think I've had a single Amazon delivery (no matter the service they used) be later than one day past the prime shipping date. And when that happened (I think 2x) they gave an extra month subscription. Not sure they do that anymore though.
Prime drop offs at work show up all over the place. Not so much late as "they might drop the package anywhere".

Parking lot, random hallways in basement, shoved under pallets on the loading dock, riding up and down in the elevator, etc. They just come into the building and drop it wherever - don't bother finding anyone.

Now that doors are locked - they don't bother to call (like the 100 signs say to do for deliveries) - they just dump packages at one of the exterior doors for anyone to steal.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I don't have prime, and its amazing how fast the last couple things I ordered arrived.

One came in 2 days, couldn't believe it.

I did just get yesterday the Christmas present that was sent Dec 12. I think thats the only issue I have had.

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Super Moderator
35,308 Posts
Prime drop offs at work show up all over the place. Not so much late as "they might drop the package anywhere".

Parking lot, random hallways in basement, shoved under pallets on the loading dock, riding up and down in the elevator, etc. They just come into the building and drop it wherever - don't bother finding anyone.

Now that doors are locked - they don't bother to call (like the 100 signs say to do for deliveries) - they just dump packages at one of the exterior doors for anyone to steal.
I had a box, I want to say about 18"x18"x24" ish, that was put on the front porch like normal. The weird thing was the welcome mat was set on top of the box like theynwere hiding it... I cant remember for sure if it was Amazon but it was the only strange delivery I have had.

Very rarely use Amazon for work. When we do it still goes to the same place as everything else that isn't on a flatbed.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You get what you pay for.

USPS is cheap. About 1/2 the cost of UPS and FedEX for non-guaranteed service... and in general, just about as likely to show up "on time".

I've had ludicrous shipping delays and weird deliveries with them all - USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL... and weirdest of all, Amazon Prime when they were hiring Uber/Lyft drivers to drop off packages.
Guess you're not up on the latest postal rates these days. I shipped a 1.5 pound package the other day and both UPS and FedEx Ground were cheaper than USPS Parcel Select which is their cheapest package rate. Normally USPS would have been cheaper with anything less than 5 pounds but that's not the case anymore. They suck.

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
Guess you're not up on the latest postal rates these days. I shipped a 1.5 pound package the other day and both UPS and FedEx Ground were cheaper than USPS Parcel Select which is their cheapest package rate. Normally USPS would have been cheaper with anything less than 5 pounds but that's not the case anymore. They suck.
For 1.5lbs in a small box I get, shipping SE MI to Los Angeles:

USPS: $8.30 (Small Flat Rate Box)
UPS: $11.95 (UPS Simple Rat for UPS Ground)
FedEx: $14.39 (FedEx Home Delivery)

...and USPS will pick it up from my porch.

·
Registered
932 Posts
For 1.5lbs in a small box I get, shipping SE MI to Los Angeles:

USPS: $8.30 (Small Flat Rate Box)
UPS: $11.95 (UPS Simple Rat for UPS Ground)
FedEx: $14.39 (FedEx Home Delivery)

...and USPS will pick it up from my porch.
The parts that I shipped would not have fit in a small flat rate box, can't fit much in those tiny things. Also, UPS has contracted rates with Paypal which usually makes it cheaper than USPS. I used to bash UPS for not handling packages very well but at least their time schedule is reliable.

·
proud to be a.......
8,881 Posts
Amazon has its own delivery fleet, that rivals the fleets of Fedex, and UPS.
Not even close.....yet!
I’ve never even seen an Amazon truck around these parts.
Maybe my package will arrive tomorrow when I get up to take my first pee?

Capture3.JPG

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm still waiting on package from FedEx from almost 2 years ago, just magically grew legs when it was scanned at their fayetteville north carolina location. Ups I haven't had a problem at all sending or receiving. Usps is a joke, currently waiting on acouple different pieces of mail, the one tracking status is comical. No problems with amazon prime either.
Screenshot_20210108-120044.png

·
Premium Member
10,614 Posts
I have never gotten any Prime package delivered in less that three days, and that's over the past decade to three different addresses. It used to pretty much always be three days, then last year it jumped to around four days on average. Haven't ordered anything from Amazon since September, but it was around 5 days then.
Ordered a carb kit for my 1985 johnson 25 on a Wednesday evening about six weeks back. It was delivered Thursday afternoon. About 20 hours from submitting the order. Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mailed 3 packages of broadheads Tuesday afternoon to my buddy in boise idaho, he got them about a hour ago. Another win for UPS.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mailed a Christmas card to a couple in Ohio. Postmarked December 17th. Got it back in our box today. Wrong address couldn’t deliver. I took a picture of the envelope and sent it to him and asked if that was his address. His reply, yes.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I ordered some fish food from a friend in Cleveland, priority 2 day... Only took 11 days and I’m in metro Detroit .

I can drive there and back on a day. Might be cheaper and faster then USPS

101 - 120 of 120 Posts