Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
'bout the same, here, as last year except for the Cans and Blues. Looks like more cat food on the big water huh?:sad:

ND looks the same, We've gotten used to that. Nothing like holding out for 5 green beans out there!! :evilsmile

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Come see come saw. I've seen worse than that and so have a lot of us. I target the greeners anyway.......unless there's that lone blackie in there......;)
But the new pup will enjoy retrieving those woodies. It's 60 days and I like that !...........:D

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
think of it like the USFWS presents the OUTSIDE parameters or framework, Then the states work within them to meet their more localized goals/needs.

the states within the flyway can be stricter than the guidelines, they just can't be more liberal. (if they could, then what sense would it make for the USFWS to set start/stop dates)

so a state can opt for 2 hens or, they can say we want it at 1 hen to help boost Great Lake breeding pop. of mallards.

they're saying you can "start your season on this date, have a season for 60/6 consisting of no more than 2 hens/day, but however you shake it all out... it has to be concluded by X ending date"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts