Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 16 years old and im trying to get into spearing, I fish on a very limited budget and therefore I cannot afford a new spear. I am really looking for an in-between size that I can spear most fish with, if anyone has a used spear that they would be willing to part with at a reasonable price, please let me know. Also, if anyone makes a good low cost spear, or knows of a store with good prices, that would be very useful too. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP.......

Cmon guys, there's gotta be a few out there.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
when you say "spear most fish" what are you talking about? If I am not mistaken you can only spear pike legally in most waters, and only perch in LSC. I don't spear myself, so I may be wrong about that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You can make a spear for perch.

Take a 1 x 2 board about 6-8 inches long. Drill holes down one edge 3/4-1 inch apart. The holes should be slightly smaller than the diameter of metal close hanger wire. Cut the spear prongs from cloths hanger, and insert them into the board. After inserting them, sharpen the tips of the prongs with a file or sand paper. Attach the board to a metal rod and you have yourself a perch spear. This spear will not hold a pike but will get you all the perch you can stab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts