Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Watched a guy in one of those loud go fast boats, leave Gull island head out the south channel, and do a hard left after the firecracker. Was probably in Canada for a solid 10min or so racing around. Came back parked at Gull again...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
74 Posts
US citizens will be allowed to return from Canada. We've been waiting 20 months to get back to our cottage in Canada. Let's hope this doesn't get screwed up. Opening up the Canadian border to fully vaccinated US citizens only applies to land crossings. No idea when we will be able to cross the border by boat.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I know someone that may have parked an old wood boat on Gull. They may have jumped out of the boat in the shallows B4 impact.

Lead paint makes for fumes, but we had cheeseburgers in paradise.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am wondering if there are any US border agents on this site, who might be able to provide some direction. Obviously, the Canadian border opens to US citizens (Vax'd), starting 8-9-21. So, I would assume that means that I can load up my car, boat, get all my required paperwork in order and legally enter Canada on 8-10-21. Now, can the US border patrol/customs deny me entry back into the USA after my trip to Canada? I have read that all valid US Citizens and valid residents of USA (green card, etc) can not be denied entry into the country. I would assume that traveling home is not considered non-essential.....and yes, I know what happens when you assume;)

I am planning on calling the Soo border office tomorrow and try to get an answer. To me, the US restrictions appear to only apply to Canadian and Mexican citizens.......but who knows.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The cbsa told me last year that both countries had to be open for cross border travel. We shall see….

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Americans can go over and return, Canadians can not come into USA
If Canadians are not allowed to come into the U S then why have I been seeing a lot of cars on I-94 with Ontario plates? Also seen 3 cars With Ontario plates on I-75 north of Bay City while driving up to Houghton Lake this past Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
If Canadians are not allowed to come into the U S then why have I been seeing a lot of cars on I-94 with Ontario plates? Also seen 3 cars With Ontario plates on I-75 north of Bay City while driving up to Houghton Lake this past Monday.
Huge demand for Canadian nurses right now in Michigan, they have been canvassing like crazy to hire more, same situation here too though, nurses are getting burnt out and alot of turn over, same with long term care over here.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Americans can go over and return, Canadians can not come into USA
Pretty certain we can fly over, there was a big loophole and article in the Windsor Star where Canadians were paying to have their campers and motor homes driven acorss the border by an "essential" US or CDN company and they would fly into detroit metro and pick up their campers and drive down to Florida, Arizona or wherever the snowbirds go.

But yeah if you cant afford a ticket, no ride for you! Class separation at its best! Ohh you only have a car and cant afford a plane ticket. so sorry sport try again next year to go visit your dying family member.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Florida has 100,000 Ontario citizens staying in their Winter residences

1 - 20 of 47 Posts