Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late notice, but the SW Michigan Steelheaders is sponsoring a seminar by Capt. Russ Clark, one of the top guides on the St. Joe River.

When: Thursday, October 22 @ 6:30 PM
Where: VFW Post 1137, 2616 E. Napier Ave, Benton Harbor, MI

Seminar only is $25 (pizza dinner included)

Seminar plus an on-river instruction charter with Capt. Russ is $100
(note: open dates for charter are Oct. 31 & Nov. 25,26,29)
Sign-up for the charter with friends or be place as a single.

Everyone is invited!

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Good idea Jim. If I was a newbie or had limited exposure to steelhead fishing, that would be a great way to get hands on learning. Russ is one of the best, and very easy to get along with on the river(unlike a few others). He would be my choice of captains if I ever had to book a trip.;)

I hope the workshop attendance is high and Russ fills the boat with eager anglers.

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Wish I had known about this earlier. Hope there is a good turn out and another one soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea Jim. If I was a newbie or had limited exposure to steelhead fishing, that would be a great way to get hands on learning. Russ is one of the best, and very easy to get along with on the river(unlike a few others). He would be my choice of captains if I ever had to book a trip.;)

I hope the workshop attendance is high and Russ fills the boat with eager anglers.
Dan - thanks for the post. Great to hear from you. Time to hit the river. You ever need a ride you let me know! Unless, my boat's too clean for you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I had known about this earlier. Hope there is a good turn out and another one soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, sorry for the late notice. Thanks to all who attended. We had a great turnout and Rusty did not disappoint. Whether you were a novice or a veteran, there was something to learn tonight.

Here's something I learned and will try this season. As the water gets colder and clearer, downsize your chunks of spawn. Use quarter size or larger in the early season and move to dime size in the coldest times.

There was much more ... special thanks to Captain Russ Clark!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts