Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I am looking for some ideas on some float trips. I have small (12ft) drift boat and I want to get it on the Manistee this weekend. I have launched canoes at 612 bridge and the horse camp and floated to either Longs or the livery on M-72, but I'm not sure of anywhere in that stretch where you can get a trailer reasonabley close to the river.

Also wondering about some float times.
M-72 to Yellow Tree
Yellow Tree to CCC Bridge or next nearest area where you can take out a drift boat.

And last but certainly not least - can anyone recommend spotters for these floats.

Thanks all.
Eric

·
Registered
120 Posts
to CCC bridge is great. There is a guy (Jim) that lives just below CCC that will spot it for $15. On the west side of the river at CCC, take your first road to the south. He did have the property up for sale, so he may not be there anymore. There used to be a sticky that had his name and number...I'll see if I can find it. The only problem that I had was getting the boat in and out of the water. If you have another person with you, its not too bad. It is a great stretch with a lot of cover and my 12 ft. Stealthcraft worked awesome on it. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jim Weber Manistee's Yellow Trees/CCC Bridge Area is 231-258-2518. For future reference, check out the Fly Tying forum and there are some other spotting services. Again, good luck.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Does anyone know of an access on the upper portion of river - say between 612 Bridge and M-72 where it would feasible to launch a drifter by ones self. Feel free to PM if you would rather not post.

Thanks again all!!!

Eric

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trip got postponed because my daughter was down with a touch of the flu. Re-scheduled for 6/23. And for sure 7/3 -7/8. I'll keep you posted....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Anyone who fishes the Upper Man, please PM me if you know the river VERY well. I have some info to go over regarding mousing at midnight.

KW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts