Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Me and a buddy are heading north next weekend. We will be staying in Frederick. Looking for recommendations on a full day float. Something like 8 hours. We will be fishing hard so something we will be able to cover well in the allotted time with many stops along the way. Feel free to PM me! Also looking for a car spot in the area! Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I look forward to giving a great report.
Thanks again for help!

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Hey everyone,
Me and a buddy are heading north next weekend. We will be staying in Frederick. Looking for recommendations on a full day float. Something like 8 hours. We will be fishing hard so something we will be able to cover well in the allotted time with many stops along the way. Feel free to PM me! Also looking for a car spot in the area! Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I look forward to giving a great report.
Thanks again for help!

If you are fly fishing M-72 to CCC bridge, if not CCC bridge to M-66.

If you want large fish as opposed to numbers Rainbow Jim's to US-131.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Axiom! I was thinking 72 down but it is roughly 14.5 miles to ccc . You think it can be done in 8 hours?

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
M-72 to CCC is 25 miles, you can do it in 8 hrs.

IMO that is the best stretch on the entire river for both numbers & size.

Reactions: OH-YEAH!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was thinking. But the rivers have a higher gradient up there. I fished a spot on the huron that was about 14 miles. It took 10 hours. But the river is really slow in comparison

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
You won't be stopping at holes very long to make it in 8 hrs but you can do it.

The river moves along at around 4 mph usually, Rainbow Jim's to 131 usually takes me around 7 hrs with minimal stops and that is 27 mi.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
If you are fly fishing M-72 to CCC bridge, if not CCC bridge to M-66.

If you want large fish as opposed to numbers Rainbow Jim's to US-131.
Hands down either Rainbow Jims to 131 or M66 to Rainbow Jims. This is where the hog browns live. There is no doubt there are 30 inch browns in these sections.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
It's a launch on Coster rd in Fife lake.

Reactions: OH-YEAH!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I went down to the ccc bridge a little while back wading when a hatch was on, but I got drove out by sqeeters. Next year I`ll be able to float those areas, as they are just down the road a hop and a skip

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
I'm not sure how fast you paddle but to run from 72 to CCC in 8 hours of fishing is quite impressive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts