Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been searching here for info on Upper Herring Lake just South of Frankfort. We are renting a place the last week of July and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how the fishing is. I don't need fishing tips, spots, etc... I would just like to know how the smallmouth and perch/walleye fishing is for the most part. I read a report on some website that said people fish for lake trout which is hard to believe since the lake is only 27' deep max.

Any info or PM's would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Haven't fished her in years, but did see a brown and a bow taken back in the 90's lakers? Never heard or seen one from there. DNR plants the lake every couple of years so the eyes are there panfish too.. Smallies average size and pike as well.lake is fairly clear so most eyes are taken At low light

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fished it a few years ago on a fishing trip a few years ago. Hit several lakes up there in that area. The day we fished it wasn't the best weather day but we caught a walleye and a largemouth probly in the 3lb range. Saw a gar too. that's about all I got. Had never been there before so we just started on the near shore from the launch and worked along it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts