Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes an affordable 2 dog system with a beeper, something a little less spendy than the tri-tronics?? I realize that we get what we pay for, but I have had a field 70 one dog for about 7 years and have only pushed the button about 10 times. I know that I need something but I would like to keep it less expensive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was in the same boat this fall. my then eight yr old tritronics went in the trash. i hated to buy a new one but felt i had to just in case my gsp would out think me ;) i was pretty happy when i found the sport dog sd 1200. it has a 3/4 mile range and can be programed 8 ways i think. including programs for a second collar. this one can be programmed to use a warning tone with a zap or with out, thats kinda what sold me on it i barely have to whistle anymore and i know she hears that beep when i hit it. i think they have another model with a point alert kind of beeper if thats what you want. the single dog collar is $199 to add one i think it's another $100 got mine through cabela but remember seeing them at gander mt.. i've only used it one season but really feel like i got more than my moneys worth.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I bought the Dogtra T&B 2 dog. I am very happy with it. It ran me $478 OTD from a forum connection here in Michigan. PM me if you're interested. One season under my belt with it, over $200 less than the TT upland special, and no issues yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts