Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,968 Posts
ralph, they are asking boat captains to be there at 1:00, not 2:00 .
Yeah, I got the email. Said 2:00 in the first email, then 1:00 in the next one, then 2:00 in the 3rd:lol:. Then they said they would keep registration open longer due to the confusion.

·
Premium Member
29,968 Posts
Here's what I've got....

Email on 4/28....

Dear Boat Captain,

Thank you for your willingness to volunteer your time and equipment to give our veterans a day out on the water. Unfortunately this year we did not have any boat slips donated and Bay City charges $37 per slip. We tried to correct this but found out last night there is nothing further we can do to correct this.

If you have any question, please let us know. Your registration has been process. Please see the tentative schedule below

Saturday, June 20, 2015

2pm Boat Captain Registration (Boat Captains ONLY)

3pm Veteran Registration

Sunday, June 21, 2015

5:30am Boat launching begins

7:30am Star Spangled Banner

7:45am Colors ceremony USCG

7:45am - 1:30pm Fishing Tournament

4pm Supper (for Veterans and Boat Captains ONLY!)

5pm Awards Ceremony

7pm WFW 2015 wrap-up

Thank you and we will see you on the water soon!

Email on 5/24.....

Schedule:

Saturday, June 20, 2015
1pm Boat Captain Registration and meeting to follow (Boat Captains ONLY)
2pm Veteran Registration
5pm Elks Flag Ceremony ( PLEASE attend last year attendance was very disappointing )

Email on 6/16.....

Veterans and Boat Captains,

Please see the attached document for this years 2015 Event Program. It has come to the attention of our staff that some there is confusion dealing with the times for registration this Saturday at the Veterans Memorial Park located in Bay City (map of the park is located on our website www.walleyesforwarriors.com). Boat Captain registration begins around 1pm, the program says 2pm and some were told 2pm so we have extended the registration time to ensure we have enough time to register everyone and accommodate some of those who are traveling greater distances. Veterans registration will begin as soon as we are completed with the boat captain registration. In order to avoid excess confusion, we do not want to begin Veteran registration without knowing if all of our captains have arrived yet. Captains, it is imperative that you arrive on time to register so we can meet with you and begin registering our heroes in a timely manner

·
Premium Member
29,968 Posts
Ron, my boat isn't big enough to take a slip someone else can use. Thanks for lookin out though buddy:)

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I beg to differ with you. If you want one, put your name on the list. It does not matter what size. If there is one open, and you are next, you get it. Just trying to make it easier for some captains and vets.

·
Premium Member
29,968 Posts
Thanks Ron, we'll see what happens on sat. morning. I should be fine. Nice seeing you at Northwoods:D

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
You Buddy, I ended up getting 2 diawa rod and reel combos. for $14.99 each. I got them for our clubs upcoming kids fishing outing sometime in August. Not sure where yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts