Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the forecast looks decent Fri-Sun at least, can't wait to get my new boat out and possible put a couple of fish in the livewell. Thinking about launching at Pt. Mouilee(?) and fishing that general area. Anyone else heading out this weekend?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well, the forecast looks decent Fri-Sun at least, can't wait to get my new boat out and possible put a couple of fish in the livewell. Thinking about launching at Pt. Mouilee(?) and fishing that general area. Anyone else heading out this weekend?
New boat, Pt Mouilee, Duck season, low water, Hmmmmm! I would feel better about Lake Erie Metro park Bro! But wherever you hit it, good luck. I plan on chasing perch this weekend I think. What kind of boat?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I launch at the free launch quite a bit in the spring, but I thought by now they would have closed that down. Not sure of the exact date they close that down. Plan on fishing around where Huron dumps into the lake, around those islands etc... Really looking forward to get out and trying the boat a bit.
Bought a 2004 Sylvan Sport Troller with a 25 horse Mercury. Not a big fancy boat, but I am happy to have it. Boat is black with tan and white graphics, feel free to say hi if anyone is out there.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good luck Bro! It sounds like you know those waters. Just not a place for new boaters!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed, we have been fishing the Huron for years, plus I have been around the area for quite a while. Used to use my Uncles 14' Myers until he moved to Vegas so this is going to be my first year with my own boat. Probably the main reason I bought a smaller boat, I like the areas that a bigger boat just could not get back to.
Heck I don't even care if I catch anything. Just being out on the water on a late fall day that is mild with sunshine sounds good to me.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I would not launch at Mouilee this time of year-it is REALLY shallow. A 14 footer with a short shaft is probably OK, but anything bigger is gonna have issues. Also, Erie Metro can be iffy this time of year, go real slow with the engine way up until you hit the river channel. 3 years ago I was coming in there with my 19' Lund with the engine tilted part way up. nailed a rock. New prop :rant:.

Jim

·
Registered
397 Posts
ya but at least u didnt do what i did..haha. was commin back from fishin around the sand piles up by ecorse back to the Elizabeth marina launch. Hit a log that was not totally floating but was under the water about 4 inches to where u couldn't see it. not only riped the prop off but took a good chunk out of my lower unit and put a real nice dent in the boat and ripped a bunch of rivets out. i thought i was going to sink. haha

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Me and Crappie Depot should be perchin the lower river. If ya got a radio give me (hardcore) a call and if were on the we will let ya know.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Please be courteous when you see decoys in the water....there will be a lot of guys in that area layout hunting this weekend.

Be aware as well...most guys do not put a light on their layout boats...so if you are running out...keep a sharp eye out for spreads.

Good luck!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks Sigman I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately I do not have a radio on the boat. Be out there anyway though, looking forward to it.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Are there any perch to be had around the cross-dyke or Sugar Island now? Anyone have a recent report? What about Lizzy Park? can you launch there now? Thanks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If ya fish the river and really if ya fish the lake ya should carry at least a handheld. Its the best saftey equipment behind the life jacket if ya ask me. And your friends can put you on some fish to. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for taking me out today Jim!!!It was a plesure putting the first pike in your new boat!!!!Altho I didnt put the 1st fish in the boat I did put the biggest on in the boat!!!!:lol ps post my pic!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts