Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up by hubbard lake the past weeking working on some property lines and surveyed the deer blinds after winter. Flushed two hen pat's off nest. Have never done this so I hope it means things are looking up. Birds were back on the nest on the way back thru and were given a wide berth once we knew they were there. Means my new pup will have some birds to find come fall.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11 eggs in this nest and 10 in the other I saw. Lots of druming also.

Dan

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
MSP60 said:
Please e-mail GPS cords. and will gladly check nesting conditions in Oct. Looks like a good season coming!
Heck Mark he already told you hubbard Lake what more do you want? :yikes: :lol: :lol:
You don't have one of those dogs that can't find a T-bone if it wasn't hung off his collar do you? :evilsmile :D

10,812 Posts
I spent last week in Presque Ilse County and did a fair amount of hiking around. I heard a lot of drumming going on which is also a good sign for bird numbers. Now all we need is some mild weather for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I was at our place in Harrisville two weeks ago and every evening there was a consistent drumming going on from different directions. Hope this is a good sign for you all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2ESRGR8 said:
Heck Mark he already told you hubbard Lake what more do you want? :yikes: :lol: :lol:
You don't have one of those dogs that can't find a T-bone if it wasn't hung off his collar do you? :evilsmile :D
Yep, pretty sorry dogs. Will stumble on a bird once and awhile, but can not get them to hold point on eggs. Maybe Roger can help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts