Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well there is a 99% chance im going up to our cabin in oscoda county(on line of oscoda and crawford) to go snowmobileing etc with my cousins and i think i might set a little trap line for the 4 days we are gonna be there. i think i am gonna try for some yotes on dirt roads through jack pines and might try a few weasel sets in pines. do you guys have any other ideas to where to set, could i set in pines or would that be bad? there is a little pond infront of cabin do you think that would be a good spot also a little swampy behind cabin, would that be a good place for weasel? its very sandy there and what would be best anchor a like 37 inch pogo anchor or double rebared stakes? i think thats all thanks.:chillin:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Good luck fighting the traps through the snow. Not much has been moving for a while. If we get rain and it freezes there should be yotes every where. My guess swamps should be good. They will be probobly be looking for rabbits if they aren't full off of deer.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know if i should set on trails? alsoshould i set weasel in swamp or pines please answer

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys how much snow is in oscoda iv heard 2 feet is that true?! better not. might have to snowmobile in any ideas how to pack light and still bring traps?:confused:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
look weasils around log/brush piles. thick swamp edges might hold some. In missakee county we have 2 1/2 feet. average. there is some 6 ft drifts. Tomorrow is sapose to be rain and was much warmer today- snow could be melted/ packed down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brady, snowmobile or hike to a small trout tream and put in a couple mink, muskrat, beaver or otter sets...trout streams dont freeze where springs come into them and you never know....you might get lucky. Plus no one else is trapping right now! Good Luck, let me know how you do!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Snow is probably foot or less in open areas. Warmed up to 45 and 1.5" rain on Sat and that dropped it way down. Everything is kinda icy now. The snow will not be fluffy but hard/icy. temp now about 24.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guess what guys i cant go to our cabin because cousins are there so i gotta go to my other cousins cabin 45 minutes away and been there like 2 times and really dont remember features of land so i doubt ill get nothing. but on the plus side i think there is a fast flowing stream near by maybe i can get my first rat or maybe a nice mink! should be really fun even though i will gotta go outside to take a dump!!:yikes: my wee will get frostbite thats about only bad thing about the place.:dizzy::help:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts