Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the privilege of going to Calhoun cty. for a few days to hunt on an 80 acre far, It belonged to a friend that I played music with for years who passed a few years back. He had twin sons, and one of them friended me on FB, and his Mom told me he is excited that I am coming out, and wants to learn bow hunting.. He uses his Dads 10 point, but wants to shoot a compound, and asked his Mom for a bow for Christmas this year. not sure if his Mom has the $$$ she would need. I am taking him ,( as a surprise ), my old Mathews switchback XT to give him. along with enough crap in my box to set it up for him. I told my wife last night , it seems funny now to connect with my old friends son to become friends with him. I know I could prolly sell the bow, but used bows get nothing, or give it to him , and it will mean a lot more then the $$$ to me. , and I am like most, I have extra sights, rests, releases, broadheads, shafts, and an extra bitz. as he may enjoy doing his own vanes.. I also bought him a life line from Gorilla. as a bonus, I got a new saddle to hunt from this week and the RUTTTTTT!, be safe friends and shoot straight. I am 68 , and I think this week will mean more to me, then him

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I have the privilege of going to Calhoun cty. for a few days to hunt on an 80 acre far, It belonged to a friend that I played music with for years who passed a few years back. He had twin sons, and one of them friended me on FB, and his Mom told me he is excited that I am coming out, and wants to learn bow hunting.. He uses his Dads 10 point, but wants to shoot a compound, and asked his Mom for a bow for Christmas this year. not sure if his Mom has the $$$ she would need. I am taking him ,( as a surprise ), my old Mathews switchback XT to give him. along with enough crap in my box to set it up for him. I told my wife last night , it seems funny now to connect with my old friends son to become friends with him. I know I could prolly sell the bow, but used bows get nothing, or give it to him , and it will mean a lot more then the $$$ to me. , and I am like most, I have extra sights, rests, releases, broadheads, shafts, and an extra bitz. as he may enjoy doing his own vanes.. I also bought him a life line from Gorilla. as a bonus, I got a new saddle to hunt from this week and the RUTTTTTT!, be safe friends and shoot straight. I am 68 , and I think this week will mean more to me, then him
I'm not so sure, my bet is this is going to mean alot more to this young man than you may ever know. Good luck to you, may karma send a monster your way.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
What a great thing to do! I’m sure your old buddy is smiling down on his sons and you. I’m sure it will mean a tremendous amount to your “new” hunting bud as well. Good on you Martian.

·
Registered
18,226 Posts
Sometimes , some one else has to pass the torch than who we'd expected.

Well done.

·
Banned
6,739 Posts
What williewater99 said, and 'thanks' for sharing this Martian.

·
Premium Member
9,168 Posts
That is a tremendous deed which will be repaid a hundred fold. I love stories like this

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
That is a true sportsman move. The young man will be happy and you will be blessed. Thank you for helping out a youngster.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, The boy kept on telling me how he was hoping for a compound for Christmas, but Mom is a single working Mom, so I checked with her, she said fine, and I went to my truck, got the bow, brought in my box, and like so may of us, I have extra sights, rests, releases stabys, and it is set up for him to shoot. It was more more rewarding then selling it, and thanks for all the kind words out there, be safe yall. also, so far as karma, a nice 8-10 pt chocolate rack came in to my 2 decoys, I had all the time in the world , pulled back 18 yds shot, and my finger touche the trigger about half way back, and the arrow arched out, landed at his feet, and he walked away

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Ha Ha - So much for good Karma Martian. Stuff happens!.

Very kind and thoughtful of you to pass along your old bow to the young man. I'm sure his dad is thanking you as well.

Best of luck now that you got the bad Karma out of the way.

Reactions: Martian

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That's pretty cool! Good luck hunting to the both of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts