Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was a white badger at first, then maybe a white skunk,,,,, I think it is a Hog Nosed Skunk, a big one!! Pretty cool... but thinking on bringing rifle next trip to take care of it. Doing crazy damage to lawn. Pics kinda suck was in house taking pic thru window with zoom, was just getting light outside. My dog was crazy barking to outside and get it!!! I said NO WAY!!!!!

Grass Landscape Tints and shades Bird Plant

Bird Grass Landscape Grassland Tints and shades

Barrel Automotive tire Plant Wood Grass

Jaw Rectangle Font Recipe Screenshot

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Skunk digging for grubs.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Try and treat your yard for grubs. We did, and the skunks stopped coming around. It was needed for our 3 dogs and no fencing. I couldn’t keep trying to shoot all of them. They just kept coming until we treated, and my one dog loved their spicy flavor. So I guess she’s bummed she doesn’t get angry midnight baths from us anymore. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(y)Yep going to start putting grub ex down, starting next weekend hopefully. Decided shooting is not going to stop more from coming. It is a lot of lawn and will be expensive and take some time for sure. Been there 40 years this is first time problem where it is getting bad.

·
47,666 Posts
(y)Yep going to start putting grub ex down, starting next weekend hopefully. Decided shooting is not going to stop more from coming. It is a lot of lawn and will be expensive and take some time for sure. Been there 40 years this is first time problem where it is getting bad.
Besides... shooting it would probably cause a big stink!

·
Registered
15,915 Posts
Agricultural Lime is a lot cheaper than GrubEx, and will probably work at least as well, at this time of year. GrubEx works best earlier in the summer when grubs are feeding most heavily. Lime works well all the time. And you literally can't put too much lime on your yard, unless you just dump piles of it.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will not shoot it, told by many not a good idea, there are probably more than one anyway. Have to get the lime or grubex next spring. And screw the live trap advice my neighbor gave me, can only see problems with that LOL. thanks for the advice everyone (y)

·
Registered
15,915 Posts
I caught a Skunk in a live trap, trying to catch a marauding Raccoon that kept taking my suet feeder down. I carefully walked up to the trap, holding an old towel wide open between, to avoid getting sprayed. The Skunk did spray, but I didn't catch any. I was able to wrap the trap in the towel, pick it up, and carry it to our dock, where I dropped it into the water. Figured the Skunk would spray underwater, and it would foul our beach, but that didn't happen. I was sad to bury him, and he was pretty cute. But I wasn't about to do a live release of a Skunk.

·
47,666 Posts
Will not shoot it, told by many not a good idea, there are probably more than one anyway. Have to get the lime or grubex next spring. And screw the live trap advice my neighbor gave me, can only see problems with that LOL. thanks for the advice everyone (y)
Actually the live trap can work quite well. Trap it. Cover it. Dunk it in the lake.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts