Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about taking a trip down to do some bass fishing on union lake. I had heard at one point it was one of the best bass fishing lakes in the LP. Anybody got any insight on location? Bait selection? I know nothing about this lake....

·
Registered
544 Posts
my buddy won a tourney there last saturday, ive never been there but he said they were every where he was throwing tubes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Deepest part of the lake is only 10'. I start there first thing in the morning twilight with a black zara spook. Later on, a craw colored rattle trap or weighted tube (1/8 oz bullet weight). As the sun gets higher I move to the east end of the lake and either fish soft plastic around the edge of the weed mats or a scum frog on top...black scum frog.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Union Lake in what County? I live on Union Lake in Oakland County which gets to 105 fow in it's deepest spot. Good SM and LM bass numbers in the 2 to 4 lb range. Clear out by 11 am on the weekend or prepare for death by personal water craft.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i havent been there in 5+ years but we used to go out there all the time and always did good. maybe ill take the boat out there my next day off:idea:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Union Lake in what County? I live on Union Lake in Oakland County which gets to 105 fow in it's deepest spot. Good SM and LM bass numbers in the 2 to 4 lb range. Clear out by 11 am on the weekend or prepare for death by personal water craft.
Oh, I'm talking about Union Lake in northwestern Branch Co. Years ago they dammed the St Joseph River west of Union City, the result is Union Lake, hence the reason its so shallow.....lot of underwater structure though....Great lake for catfish & carp, bass fishing isn't too shabby either, and I'm sure there's walleye in it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts