Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

261 - 280 of 360 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,317 Posts
Thank You
Another Q is using MARVIN required or can you certify via the UIA Website as it suggests at the bottom of my last image one needs to Call MARVIN and answer many Questions to certify again it is Not so clear again shows you need to call MARVIN but maybe because of the system it now allows one to certify n the Website? Sorry for all the q's!
Newaygo1
you can certify by either means, but if you do it online, you can read each question CAREFULLY, and reread them until you are 100% certain you have answered them correctly!
Yes, by using the online system to certify, you can carefully answer each question and change you answer if needed.
In fact, if you get the same set of questions I have seen, most answers would probably be "No" except for the second question, which is "Are you claiming the week beginning...........".
But you need to read each question because your situation may be different.

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
Still waiting on my return call from Big Gretch. Since MiWAM doesn't like the combination of my birthday/social I made the leap and assumed I was a victim of identity fraud. Went through the menu for that on the phone instead of the normal claim menu. Got the same results. Hung up on.

Bottom line is that I cannot not even apply for unemployment at this time, much less wait to be approved or get payment.

·
Premium Member
30,317 Posts
Still waiting on my return call from Big Gretch. Since MiWAM doesn't like the combination of my birthday/social I made the leap and assumed I was a victim of identity fraud. Went through the menu for that on the phone instead of the normal claim menu. Got the same results. Hung up on.

Bottom line is that I cannot not even apply for unemployment at this time, much less wait to be approved or get payment.
Are you entering your SSN and birthday in the correct format?

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
Are you entering your SSN and birthday in the correct format?
Yeppers. Probably 50 times or so by now. Following the calendar guide that is given, there is really only one way you can enter it. I'm not free forming it by hand.

·
Premium Member
30,317 Posts
Yeppers. Probably 50 times or so by now. Following the calendar guide that is given, there is really only one way you can enter it. I'm not free forming it by hand.
I had a problem trying to use the calendar when setting it up for my wife. It wouldn't take the date properly and I was getting an error so I typed the date in and it worked. Try that.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
It has been a total nightmare for me, being self-employed. A continual spiral descending into reassurances of qualification and rejection letters stating ineligibility because the system did not even provide the proper options for a self-employed person from week 2 on, though I filled out the certification forms very, very carefully. The forms were just wrong.

Then when I finally get though on the phone, a customer service rep tells me I'm good, but when I log on later it says I've been found ineligible. And then the process goes again, hours wasted on the not-so merry go-round.

Then repeated "fact finding" requests for the same information, which I have submitted time and time again. Last I heard they said my name was spelled incorrectly, though I took a screen shot showing that it is spelled correctly on the main screen.

Then I looked further into the documents and found my name spelled incorrectly. Evidently by one of their own harried representatives. So I corrected it. Maybe, just maybe that will work at long last!

The other specific phone number to correct this hangs up all the time, as does the chat function. Every... single... time. No other means of correspondence are available, and there is nowhere to even access the required forms to respond by snail mail. Every means of redress and communication shut out.

I'm convinced it's just about conjuring up any excuse to deny the benefits they promised. I'm voting every single one of those responsible for this load of you know what out. It's like a Twilight Zone episode, and I wonder if I'll spend more time on this than I normally do working, though I don't have the latter option now.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
And it gets even worse. I submitted a correction to fix the typo of my name that evidently was generated on their end, and upon logging in today I see they changed everything to the incorrect spelling they had. I took screen shots of my corrections in progress, too, so I know it wasn't on my end. This is ubnfuggingbelieveable. I've never seen a worse system. Not ever. On the phone waiting for an agent again, may the reception be with me...

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
I was just informed, that I have been furloughed, from my year round job, for up to 16 weeks. It could be for less time, but that is unlikely. This takes effect on the 17th. Now I get to deal with the state, OH JOY!

I HOPE to find out what the deal is with my summer job. That does not look good either.

·
Premium Member
30,317 Posts
And it gets even worse. I submitted a correction to fix the typo of my name that evidently was generated on their end, and upon logging in today I see they changed everything to the incorrect spelling they had. I took screen shots of my corrections in progress, too, so I know it wasn't on my end. This is ubnfuggingbelieveable. I've never seen a worse system. Not ever. On the phone waiting for an agent again, may the reception be with me...
Is the typo in your name causing any problems with unemployment?

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
I just certified my last two weeks and ending on 5-2. I went back to work on 5-4. Do I need to notify UIA or do I just do nothing at all?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Is the typo in your name causing any problems with unemployment?
Evidently the cause. The problem was being shut out of the means to correct it; but I got through to someone who was able to help me on the phone today at long last. The trick was pointing out how much of their time was being wasted by it. They said identity theft concerns were the reason it was so troublesome. I pointed out improvements they could make to the process. Now they told me to sit tight, so let's see how it works out.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Each of us have had issues with the System? I got assistance from Petronius... filed back on Apr 21... But it took over 6 hours and I got an error, and it never indicated what or where just on a page. Spent 6 hours and finally figured it out. Yet I got that I "completed" with a confirmation number and at the bottom of the page it suggest that my INternet Application was "accepted" SO for short time I thought I was good! I started checking my UIA Account and it never reflected my 2020 Claim? I was to first certify May 4th. And learned I could via my UIA Account as some suggested I could, but My Account did not allow me to... So I then Called on my 3rd call I got through, talked with someone and they could not reference the confirmation number so had to provide all the details again, amd then ;earned they are not allowed to take bank info over the phone and suggested I just needed to call to change from debit to direct deposit call 4 times and maybe because I don't have a pin It would ask for ssn and then pin then dob once I selected no pin I got the Agents are busy please call back later and hung up. So Petronius got involved via PM's and he search out how you could change method of Payment via online. with details where to find it. I did change it but it is not an instant change you do get yet another confirmation number just hoping I am complete Now. As the person looked and said I never gt past the Error. Whatever as It seems to be different for each of us Trying? I was advised today that my place of work does not have enough work for me to return May 11 so now off till May 18th. And My 1200.00 Check being mailed won't arrive till late May. Just lucky I have funds to cover my bills for several months. I was not going to Apply taking 3 weeks off but when it was extend to 4 thought it best to Apply... Glad I got help from others here especially Petronius he was great and helping with different issues I had encountered. Otherwise I would been stuck with a Debit Card and no means to transfer funds from it to my checking account Still wondering if I will get the additional 600.00 added benefits as so far my account only shows the 362.00 amount yet it was mentioned several times that the Feds would add the 600.00. Not sure who had got that amount so far??? Thanks Again for all that provided some assistance to get my Claim Filed and Stuff! As SOME have taken on Trying to help Us and that is much Appreciated!!! Well see how it turns out!
Newaygo1

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
My daughter went in to certify yesterday and she showed a week with dollar amount then a note she had to reopen her claim....what is this about?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
My son got called back to work,does he have to go? If he does and gets laidoff again, due to the virus, is the extra 600 still there?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If he refuses work he will not receive benefits.On the $600,I think that only is supposed to last 4 months.If he gets laid off again within that time,he should qualify for them.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Just note to the 600.00 In your UIA Account it does not Reflect this added Amount? So again Who has actually received this with their Benefits ie via debit card or direct deposit? As some continue to Mention this but you would think they would indicate that added amount like 362.00 + 600.00 in your account some kind of indication, I hear others mention it but until you might get your first payment which is also another unknown. But most rarely have applied for Unemployment and it has changed a lot since I last apply when I exited the Military back in 1979...and received any benefits... One can only hope... I have now been extend twice on my furlough... When I first started I was not planning on applying but it is now the 5th week going on the 6th... Hope it is The last Time as 4 years till retirement and yes it can't get here soon enough! But not sure about the added 600.00. I would be happy just getting that though better than the usual 362.00.
Newago1

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
If he refuses work he will not receive benefits.On the $600,I think that only is supposed to last 4 months.If he gets laid off again within that time,he should qualify for them.
That's what I thought,he seems to think that he can refuse under certain circumstances relating to the virus.
I wasn't sure how long the extra $600 went. That has been direct deposited to his account.
BTW,he works in a machine shop

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
That's what I thought,he seems to think that he can refuse under certain circumstances relating to the virus.
I wasn't sure how long the extra $600 went. That has been direct deposited to his account.
BTW,he works in a machine shop
I believe there is a question that asks if you refused work. If you answer that honestly I would doubt you would get unemployment.....who know these days though. It seems since whitmer signed the unemployment covid order they are giving money to anyone who asks. You dont even have to give your employment history. I think she is trying to suck as many of those $600 bonus checks into the michigan economy as she can.

261 - 280 of 360 Posts