·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Day – August 1st 2015

Location – South Haven Michigan

Time – Lines dropped by 3pm pulled lines after sun set

Depth – 70-130 FOW

Lures – Pro King Regular Chilley Willy, and Magnum Moonshine RV Spoon.

Video – HD (Make sure you watch it in HD!) Waterwolf HD camera!

In this trip you get many follows along with a really good strike that should have resulted in a hook up. This day we went 1 for 3. We boated about a 6 lb king and lost two others. If you like what you see please subscribe!

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Cool.. A friend in Florida has the same camera. Amazing what you can see going on down under.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Awesome footage. Have you ever captured bait fish on the camera? Would be interesting to see what those big bait balls look like.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome footage. Have you ever captured bait fish on the camera? Would be interesting to see what those big bait balls look like.
Yes if you watch our first salmon fishing video from this spring (on our channel) you will see plenty of bait.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool.. A friend in Florida has the same camera. Amazing what you can see going on down under.
We wish we would have had this camera when we took a vacation down to Florida last fall. Did lots of surf fishing and am sure we could have captures some amazing footage from it.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
After watching these from a fish eye perspective, I wonder if a less active spoon or lure would induce more strikes? That thing very erratic and I wonder if it gives the fish vertigo and turns them off the last few feet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After watching these from a fish eye perspective, I wonder if a less active spoon or lure would induce more strikes? That thing very erratic and I wonder if it gives the fish vertigo and turns them off the last few feet?
If you watch some of our other earlier salmon videos...you will see the answer to your question. There is footage with exactly what you describe happening...and you can see how the fish reacts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great footage! You always wonder how many fish you troll over just to get bit. Puts it in perspective
Yes we always wonder what goes on when you mark a bunch of fish/bait and you don't pick up a fish...this helps you to know what is happening for sure.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Try "The STRIKE" Sport Fishing...no team...that should get you there. Oddly enough it is like the 4th or 5th thing it brings up.
Looks like a great case for scent. Those follows are sniffin that bait up... nope... smells like hooks!!!!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I spray my spoons with WD40 just before running them; improves hookups.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts