Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year I was thinking of taking a drive to all of the different camps around Baraga County and maybe some of the other countyies in the area to do a video of the camps and listen to some of the old stories about each camp. If you have a camp in that area that wouldn't mind somone taping some of the old stories orfyour camp next year let me know.

This is somthing i think would be cool to do and have on tape.

Rob

·
Crazed Country Rebel
2,386 Posts
Our D-E-E-R camp is just a few miles from the Baraga Co line in Houghton Co, and you're welcome to stop by! I know of some other camps in the area that'll make us look real boring, though. We hunt a little harder than most.

I deny any knowledge of any D-E-A-R camps and nobody can prove anything that will hold up in any divorce proceedings ;)

TP - nice cabin!

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Awesome area. I don't true camp, but I am looking to build one soon. Sounds like a great project.

dan

·
Registered
19,111 Posts
Just a little out of your way but my group has a tent camp in the Burgland hills just north of Lake Gogebic we have been camping there for many years. We are about 5 miles north of M28 on forest service road 400. Stop in we'll try to have some bucks hangin for ya to look at:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can run 28 out of Baraga to Pike Lake road and go north past the river then turn right down the first 2 track, our camp is on the left 1/4 mile. You will not see any bucks hanging but most likely you will see my large brother without cloths on(what an ugly sight but might be great for your video) We have endless storys of the bucks that got away but we still have allot of fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts