Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6,739 Posts
Sounds bad. 'Several student-atheletes came forward to report incidents, which happened in the 1970's and one in 1990'. The doc has been dead for over ten years now. Surely the incidents at PSU and MSU as well as 'me too' influened them to come forward after decades. I'm glad this was not one of the many many doctors I've seen at U of M.

Reactions: Whitetail_hunter

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
Kinda stupid. Its been years and he is dead. What they going to do wirh him? Dig him up and shoot him?

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
So it should be swept under the rug? Didn't find out while he was alive so it's no big deal I guess

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WJR was reporting yesterday that it was already investigated, years ago. There can be no cross examination. We just have to believe what ever we are told.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
Many victims! Boy Scouts, church....
At U of M?

Again, many can claim they are victims. They will only have their word that they were. The DR cannot cross examine. For many, if it did happen, it happened decades ago.

It's just too late. It makes me wonder what the real agenda is.

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts
At U of M?

Again, many can claim they are victims. They will only have their word that they were. The DR cannot cross examine. For many, if it did happen, it happened decades ago.

It's just too late. It makes me wonder what the real agenda is.
There's no scenario where the doctor, even if alive, would be cross examining.

As pointed out countless time on this thread, the "real agenda" is the deep pockets of UM.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
There's no scenario where the doctor, even if alive, would be cross examining.

As pointed out countless time on this thread, the "real agenda" is the deep pockets of UM.
Then it's not about accountability? Then it's a waste of time.

I kinda believe that there is more to this than just the money. Time will show us what it is.

In a trial, the doctor, through his lawyers, would have the ability to cross examine an accuser. There would have to be evidence presented. It's a joke now.

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts

I kinda believe that there is more to this than just the money. Time will show us what it is.

In a trial, the doctor, through his lawyers, would have the ability to cross examine an accuser. There would have to be evidence presented. It's a joke now.
Even if dead, the Dr's estate would still have the ability to cross examine. The fact that he is deceased is rather immaterial. Consider this, even if he were alive, what are the chances of him taking the stand in his defense? Close to zero.

For the record, I too find the timing to be odd, but it is what it is. My opinion is that those who claim to have been assaulted saw the dollars involved in the MSU settlement and decided to come forth. Quite frankly, they have nothing to lose.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts

Unless reported and swept under the rug

1 - 20 of 23 Posts