Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like the wolverines lost again, bye bye title hopes.....

steve

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,130 Posts
Hail to the vict........<wait...hold that>

LOL

It's OVER
:D :cool: :)

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
If they don't win the Big ten, they can probably kiss any chance at a BCS bowl Bid goodbye too. MSU looked strong today, albeit against hapless Indiana. If States defense continues to play well, they have a chance. After next week (Illinois) they have three weeks of contenders that will really put them to the test. Minnesota, Michigan, then Ohio State. And believe it or not, Minnesota is the team that worries me the most of those three. There passing attack is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Their laughible punting team, and bad play calling blows another one for michigan. It makes me very mad to the players who do deserve to go the the title, such as anvvare, perry, adwards, etc., who are talented enough, and work hard enough to go there. Loyd better get his act together, they still have a chance at some BSC bowl. ALl i hope is that they beat OSU!!!!! I hate OSU, they get lucky ever single week, and no one can see that!!!!! I hope navvare and perry keep tearin it up, if they keep it up, they'll both be in the heisman race. GO MSU!!!!!! MAN!!!!!!! Smoker is AWESOME!!!!!!! smoker and crew should have a chance at the title!!!!!!!! They are AWESOME!!!!!!! I don't know who to rout for in a couple weeks;)

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smoker did have a crazy day..... 32 for 40... crazy. Two TDS with no INTs. THe only thing that is concerning me is the fact that they laid down the ball a few times... got it back but still. At least its a fixable problem.

steve

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by Can't Touch This
I hate OSU, they get lucky ever single week, and no one can see that!!!!!
I don't think big ten teams win nineteen games in a row by just getting lucky. Then take into account they lost their best player and have had injuries at the qb position. I hate OSU as much as the next guy, but sometimes you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Swamp Monster, I have to agree with you on the Minnesota game. If Wedlow isn't back for that game, that will really be a test. Also, don't overlook that game at Wisconsin. Winning in Madison is always tough whether they are a contender or not.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,130 Posts
"Maize and BOO" Oakland Press
LOL

Is Spartan stadium still ringing from the sound of some of those hard hitting backfield collisions ??

Man, those were some HITS !

:D

The Wolverines don't $uck THAT badly !! (heheh)

GO SPARTANS !!! :D

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Manillakilla, thats a good point about Wisconsin. Really, you can't overlook any of the big ten teams. Wisconsin and Penn State both are kind of confusing though, which team is going to show??
I guess that could be said about State and the Wolverines as well. I just hope state doesn't look past Illinois. It's shaping up to be an exciting year for big ten football in general.

One thing that can be said about OSU is that good teams find away to win when they have too. OSU has done it too many times to call it luck. They keep getting it done, ugly or not they still win.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
We're here, just chuckling while you guys take your shots. We're still a better team than the Spartans. Don't get too big for your britches. You'll get yours.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Not as good as you thought they were though, are they.

I am just sitting here chuckling about the talk of National Champs, Heisman after two games. Now they have lost two and all hope is lost.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats all i'm sayin too. people were talking too much about national championship and heisman. Michigan fans crack me up sometimes.... We'll get ours huh? we'll see..... ya never know....

steve

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Perry and Navarre are excellent athletes but they are not Heisman material. Perry has the potential but he doesn't have the numbers, (not even close) to be in the running. I thought maybe Navarre would silence some of his critics this year, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Originally posted by Beave
We're here, just chuckling while you guys take your shots. We're still a better team than the Spartans. Don't get too big for your britches. You'll get yours.
Seems you fellas had a little trouble with Iowa did you? Funny, we took care of them just fine....UofM is overrated...and this wont be the last loss for them either. I am so glad they lost after all those fools were hyping the national championship hopes so early. Go Spartans!

And one more thing, you can quote me on it....we will beat UofM this year.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Lloyd Carr is the worst coach in the Big10. We have more talent than any team in the Big10, but when your coach blows it's pretty tough to win.

We show up unmotivated and unprepared every week it seems. The games we do win, with the exception of ND, are because we're just that much more athletically gifted than who we're playing. We won't start really stretching the field until we're losing. Otherwise our passing game is mostly lateral. Even when we are passing deep Carr is so afraid of throwing interceptions we won't throw anything to the middle of the field but 8 yard slants. I haven't seen us run but one or two post patterns all year. Our special teams are gimmicky high school type crap. Our running game doesn't seem to exist outside the tackles. I could go on and on.

We have a top 5 class every year when it comes to recruiting, but we can't seem to develop or coach the kids when it matters. We lose two or three games a year we have no right losing. Nothign against Oregon and Iowa, but we have better talent. They were better coached.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Carr and Co. out on the street. This season was the final straw in my mind. Unfortunately, Bo is still VERY active behind the scenes so even if we can Carr I have a disgusting suspicion that Jim Herrmann would be the new coach, and he's even worse.

We need a new coach in who's not afraid to go out and do what we do best from the get-go. For this team the last couple years that's been a vertical passing game. Why is it we seem to come from behind to almost win these games every week and year? It's because with our talent at WR we're deadly stretching the field and throwing deep.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well put Beave,

I am tired of Michigan not playing up to their potential. They play like their coaches personality. Uptight and conseravtive. They should not be giving away games against inferior talented teams. If we rank in the top ten every year in recruiting and it's not being reflected in the field..that goes back to coaching.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
MSU beat Iowa, why cant the Wolves???!!

i just love to see UM fans to finally shut their mouths....but they chime in everyonce and a while to wine about some bad calls or coaching or that they werent at he big house or some crap...

Michigan will have their hands full on Friday against Minnesota...who has the nation leading TD man.....

Go Spartys......

·
Registered
634 Posts
Stautrday was just a typical loss by a Lloyd Carr coached U-M team. Get an early lead, any aggresive play calling goes out the window at that point, other team comes back and and takes a late lead, and U-M can't close the deal. Even though Ohio State probably has more closer games that U-M, they seem to win them all. That's coaching, which U-M seriously lacks at this point. THe coaching poisiton needs to be seriously evaluated after this season, and if there are any more losses Carr should consider steeping down. After that, U-M should get a coach outside of the present line of Schembechler desciples. Look at guys like Jim Tressel and Bob Stoops. They came from outside their respective programs and our know kicking a-- in their first position at a very high level. A new philosophy around here could be great.

As for Sparty, congrats on winning three in a row. We'll see you in E. Lansing on Nov. 1.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts