Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Just watched the weigh in. Roy Jones looking pretty soft around the midsection. Tyson looks like he lost a food baby. Commissioner still saying knockdowns will not be tolerated, let alone a true knock out. Still can't see myself spending money on it, especially with that joker Jake Paul on the undercard. I can't in good conscience spend money for this as much as I loved watching Tyson in his prime.

·
Super Moderator
35,310 Posts
Whats the point of the fight if its not a fight? Tyson has loose screws rattling around... am I the only one who thinks he might just obliterate Jones, regardless of the heavier gloves and "rules"?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Whats the point of the fight if its not a fight? Tyson has loose screws rattling around... am I the only one who thinks he might just obliterate Jones, regardless of the heavier gloves and "rules"?
The point of the fight is to make money, even if its not a fight. They want you to think Tyson will go in there head hunting, I just don't believe it. Not based on the commissioners comments, that he will step in the ring to stop it if they start throwing. Who really knows, there is always the off chance one of them connects before the commissioner can jump in there.

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I don't know much about Jones, but assuming he followed a similar path as Tyson, these are two men with inordinate amounts of pride and fire. I can't imagine either of the men allowing the "extra rules" to dampen his ferocity once the instincts kick in.

Tyson said it really well when talking about his league of legends venture - people would rather watch today's Jerry Rice on the field than a current NFL wide receiver that's in youthful game shape. I think the same is true about this kind of fight. These legends bring more buzz to the table than any current boxer can.

As an aside, didn't Foreman box until he was nearly Tyson's age? I know there have been many successful fighters that went well into their 50s. So, why the special rules? These guys didn't turn into fragile old men all of a sudden.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
10,614 Posts
I don't know much about Jones, but assuming he followed a similar path as Tyson, these are two men with inordinate amounts of pride and fire. I can't imagine either of the men allowing the "extra rules" to dampen his ferocity once the instincts kick in.

Tyson said it really well when talking about his league of legends venture - people would rather watch today's Jerry Rice on the field than a current NFL wide receiver that's in youthful game shape. I think the same is true about this kind of fight. These legends bring more buzz to the table than any current boxer can.

As an aside, didn't Foreman box until he was nearly Tyson's age? I know there have been many successful fighters that went well into their 50s. So, why the special rules? These guys didn't turn into fragile old men all of a sudden.

Not sure Mike has a whole lot of fire left. He's a Kush farmer these days. No idea about Jones.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
He would mess up any of us on here I'm pretty sure!! I'm 6'3 235 and f no I wouldn't stand a chance in hell and I wouldn't consider myself weak. Now if I got paid what they are sure I'll go in there and get knocked the hell out! Just make it quick! And no body shots!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Not sure Mike has a whole lot of fire left. He's a Kush farmer these days. No idea about Jones.
I'm guessing that Mike being a pothead isn't too much different than what the athletes are doing nowadays. Lol. Also, I doubt Mike does a whole lot of actual farming.

I love Iron Mike, but he's no Randy Marsh. Tegridy.

View attachment 609309

1 - 20 of 39 Posts