Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm coming off the ice this morning pulling my fishing shanty. I was up early, drilled a bunch of holes, and broke my own trail through the snow to find fish. Not easy!

I get to my truck and a younger guy races up in his vehicle, throws his window down and asks "They biting? Do any good???!"

After all I did to figure out the fish, this millenial-dink wants something for nothing. So I look him dead in his eye and reply "I'm not even going to tell you what lake I was fishing."

He crinkles his brow, looks at the ice I just walked off, turned back to me, opened his mouth to but didn't say anything. I could almost smell the gears in his brain burning as he tried to process.

I climbed in and drove off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
So I'm coming off the ice this morning pulling my fishing shanty. I was up early, drilled a bunch of holes, and broke my own trail through the snow to find fish. Not easy!

I get to my truck and a younger guy races up in his vehicle, throws his window down and asks "They biting? Do any good???!"

After all I did to figure out the fish, this millenial-dink wants something for nothing. So I look him dead in his eye and reply "I'm not even going to tell you what lake I was fishing."

He crinkles his brow, looks at the ice I just walked off, turned back to me, opened his mouth to but didn't say anything. I could almost smell the gears in his brain burning as he tried to process.

You're a fisherman. You're supposed to lie. lol

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts

You ever think maybe just maybe he’s just being nice??

Maybe he’s a way better fisherman then you and really doesn’t care what you catch.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I think sharing results in person is about the same as on here. I think some will tell you the fishing isn't any good or the ice is thin or water is stained to keep people from coming out to protect there honey hole or worried about limited parking. They hide it well but that is there prerogative. Others are willing to share some info without being asked.

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
One lake I use to fish there was only one area that you could get very many fish with out moving around. I marked it with my GPS but as I found this was usually off by a few feet so I had to move a lot. One day coming thru the parking lot I picked up a piece of frozen slush and layed that neside my holes I had caught fish from in this area. Everyday I just walked out and went right to it and started catching fish right away. People would crowd around me but they were out of the area and would only catch a couple here and there. One of my neighbors was up here and wanted to go so we wentout there and everyone was watching. we set up and caught a lot of fish in a short order. NO one ever caught on to the slush laying there and it could be seen after a new snow. I couod never figure out why there was only that area of about 15 foot where they would bite

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I don't tell anyone anything anymore, or take pictures, I'm tired of being burned. I have told so many people in the past exactly were to go and drill their holes and they tell everyone else "they found the fish" Let them spend hundreds of dollars for gas and drill hundreds of holes and find "their own fish" the same way I did. Maybe, just maybe then I would have some respect for them. I guess I'm a 'STRAIGHT UP PRICK'' and don't really care.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
I was walking into a mom and pop sporting goods store in PA, it was several miles to the biggest water, water that held a few walleye.

A man was on his way out, carrying a nice, walleye, 20-22 inch range, big for the area.

I asked him where he caught it.

He said, "I found it in the street" flipped me off and walked away.

He could have said, in the river, or on the lake, without giving away any "secrets".

There is no need to be rude.

·
Registered
386 Posts

Why be an Axx ...
Just say out that a way....(point)
I always encourage young bloods.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.