Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<H3>Two men rescued after falling through ice on Anchor Bay Wednesday</H3>

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Around midnight last night, Michigan State Police troopers responded to a call from a citizen who reported seeing a small light shining from the ice to the shore on Anchor Bay.

Troopers Chad Lindstrom and Stefanie Rider, assisted by the Ira Township Fire Department, rescued two men from the ice. They told troopers they were headed out from Brandenburg Park in Chesterfield Township en route to the DNR access at M-29 and Palms Road. At one point, they both went through the ice. One of them had a mini flashlight and shined it toward the shore, hoping someone would spot them.

The men were brought to shore by Ira Township Fire Department hovercraft then taken to the hospital for treatment for hypothermia, according to Michigan State Police Trooper Derrick Libstaff.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That's over 6 miles as the crow flies. What were they thinking? Oh yeh, they weren't.
Like it's been said before: you can't fix stupid.
With all the info available maps, internet news, this website and others like it , you have to allow for the idiot factor.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I thought I saw a bright light across the bay near New Baltimore last night.
Must of been the F.D.
Pretty big chance going across the bay that far. Especially with fresh snow and not being able to see existing tracks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Common sense is not so common anymore. :D J/K, glad they were able to use the flashlight to get help. I always have my small led light in my pocket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The times hearld paper claims the 25 yr old st clair twp man and 28 yr old new haven man were in the water for apx 15 minutes. I just wonder if the sleds are still in the water or what "out of pocket expenses" they will have.

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
I will bet it was the same two guys that I posted about earlier in the week...
Ice getting better, and a few keepers to the North.
Ice is now safe (5 - 6 inches) out to the second stress crack. Ice just on the other side of this crack is ONLY 1.5 inches in most spots. I couldn't believe that two snow mobiles came flying across this ice from New Baltimore yesterday afternoon. How do you spell S-T-U-P-I-D???......
I think now we can spell "S-T-U-P-I-D" ColdAndWet....
<----<<<

1 - 11 of 11 Posts