Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out at 8am with my buddy Steve Gardner, from Bolles Harbor and had planned to go out by Sputnik but set up in 22ft of water and trolled north with the waves.Harnesses 40ft behind 1oz in-line weights were the ticket. Capt. Awesome and reverse muffin blades from Gale Force Tackle were the best colors. 1.5 to 1.7 gps speed Junk fish weren't too bad with about a hlaf dozen sheeps and maybe a dozen silvers and white perch in the mix. Also one 10 inch yellow perch. Finished at 11 am. 15 walleyes caught, 12 kept from 18 to 25 inches. Also caught 6 or 7 sub-legal walleyes around 13 inches, which bodes well for the future. Nice 1 ft chop and enough of a breeze to keep the bugs down.Got off the water before the heat set in. Tom

·
Registered
202 Posts
I fished the same area but with 2 oz on 30/50 so I was quite a bit deeper than you. Got my limit with only 3 junk fish, copper blades copper beads for me. Back at the dock by 10am.

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Nice work, Tom

Been tough competing with the hatch. The fish are there, but finding biters....

I've been running way out when possible, but always fish somewhat close on the way in. Seems like "in" is more productive.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ralf, if the wind dies down after this storm passes, I'll be out tomorrow. I did hear that the guys trolling out deeper by the Island were doing real good too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts