Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody gonna get any sleep tonight??? I know I won't, in fact, I never do the night before Opening Day Bow. This will be my 45th consecutive year hunting White Tail and I still feel like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. A few years ago, my Grand Daughter was staying the night Christmas Eve Mom and Dad were in Hawaii for their 5th year Anniversary, and she was having trouble going to sleep with the anticipation of Santa arriving. I told her there is nothing to get excited about, the morning will be here soon enough, just go to sleep it will get here faster. My "Better Half" just rolls her eyes exclaiming "You're one to talk, you're a bigger kid the night before the Bow Opener" You stay up all night LOL!!! And I do, I come in after all is done the evening of the 1st and just pass out and almost sleep thru the next days morning hunt!!! Anybody else have trouble sleeping the night before???

Reactions: bronc72

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes I always have trouble sleeping the night before the first hunt. Happens before the first big small game outing, bow opener, and gun opener. I'll spend all night checking my gear and I still end up forgetting something!!

·
Premium Member
10,124 Posts
Christmas Eve. That's funny. Same exact thing at my deer camp. Everyone walks around saying it's Christmas Eve. We even decorate a pine with Christmas lights. Funny how it's that special feeling the night before opener. Good luck everyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts