Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Yes we are! This weekend (17th/18th) My daughter and I are heading up sometime Friday afternoon and coming home on Monday. We're expecting others (family & freinds) to stop by and/or stay with us this weekend. Next weekend (24th/25th) we will head up Friday night or very early on Saturday and return Sunday evening.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
You got it banditto! Will be up there friday evening and leaving sometime Sunday! hopefully the fishing will co-operate but should have fun doing some sleding anyways!

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thinking for fishing is to get far away from the traffic. The best places to fish are often the most unsafe when it comes to ice too.

But if we do fish it won't be for that long anyhow. Last year I caught 2 really nice bass... and even though the season was over I wouldn't have kept the bass even in the summer for a tourney.

But pike are as good as in the smoker, so if I can talk my group into setting up some tip ups while waiting for the beer tent to get going then so be it!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
BEER TENT?? Oh, Man, I made other plans for this weekend. Be up next weekend though. Have a great weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Originally posted by RJF
BEER TENT?? Oh, Man, I made other plans for this weekend. Be up next weekend though. Have a great weekend.
RJF,
Have you never been to T-U-T? If your going to be up next weekend we'll have to try and hook up, we can give you the nickle tour! :eek:

(*see prevouis post) I'll be up this weekend and next. My wife is going on a cruise with her sister and freinds so I'm on "baby sitting" duty with my (6yr) daughter. I'm not complaining though! We'll have a great time, she and I have a riot there! But with out the wife being there to its just going to put a cramp in my ice fishing time and beverage tent attendance! We'll be out and about on the snowmobile. Also have other freinds and family coming up both weekends so playing entertainment director will be the priority.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Been up several TUT weekends. Most of them, I stayed away from the crowds. Parents place was on east bay.
Ice fishing on Horsehead Lake, in the Mecosta-Remus area this weekend, with some friends. Met the Laker last weekend. I will be up the 23rd-25th. Hope to see you then.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yep leaving Fri with 6 other guys and coming back Mon. Fishin Houghton on Sat. and Secord on Sun. Have to head up to use the new gas auger and the weather can't be any worse than last year, !0 deg and 30 mph wind. Good luck to all and have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts