Premium Member
10,804 Posts
That's it! :yeahthat:

Are you planning on going?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea planned on it I have never Ice fished up there but dad and I go up to race the sleds. We live in south of GR so I thought of doing some ice fishing up there when we werent racing. I have fished with a buddy up there in the summer and we nailed the pike like I couldent belive so hopefully the ice keeps up there and it is all good!! Lets all pray for some artic air!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Do you race the vintage roundy-rounds? I used to do the drag racing thing up there years ago, even before they moved it off the lake and onto the state land. I see were they're bring back the vintage racers this year, planning on going to watch some of them. Ice fishing during TUT on the south side is kinda hard due to all the action. If you go try up toward the north end, its a big lake! ;)

BTW - There is no shortage of hammer handles in Houghton Lake!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I wouldn't even consider fishing the tipsy town weekend. WAY too many drunks on the ice. Saved a guy last year. he was more concerned about the beer that went flying out of his pockets than he was the sled that was mangled or the equipment (helmet, boot, etc) thrown about the ice. If he didn't see the 3 and half foot pressure crack turned death jump what makes you think he would have seen someone sitting on the ice fishing and a black shanty? No god catches anyways. Never any decent action for those 2 weeks. Try a nearby lake if fishing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea we drag race the sleds I have seen the vintage ones several times tho there pritty cool too......thanks for the advice guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts