Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this longbeard this morning in Tennessee . I was in my Eastman blind and called in 3 longbeards . I had the decoy setup at 15 yards ,and drew back before the Turkeys entered my sight window . I held back and waited for the best angle on the closest bird . It only went 20 yards and fell over . The other two birds went over and flogged and pecked the crap out of it for 5 minutes , before I couldn't handle it anymore and walked slowly over to the bird .
Sorry about the picture quality . I had a hard time getting the timer setting focused on my camera .
My bow setup is a Kodiak Outdoors Titan 34 , Easton ST Epics ,and 100 grain Jackhammers .




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
That's awesome! Congratulations. I hope to be able to post some on here after I get back from Ohio.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
618 Posts
Nice work, pics look fine. Maybe now one of the members here will put to rest the notion that you can`t have a "quality hunt in the Golden Triangle of Middle Tn.", I`ll assume that bird came from Maury Co.. You still thinking of moving back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uncletj said:
Nice work, pics look fine. Maybe now one of the members here will put to rest the notion that you can`t have a "quality hunt in the Golden Triangle of Middle Tn.", I`ll assume that bird came from Maury Co.. You still thinking of moving back?
I shot it in Hickman county ,not too far from Maury . Are you from Tn. ? :)
I pulled my job application to transfer back to Michigan . I'm going to stick it out here in Tn. The economy is just too bad up there right now , and I don't want to have to move back as soon as I get an offer .

We were looking at alot of houses in the Charlotte and Eaton Rapids area .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
TnRidge said:
I shot it in Hickman county ,not too far from Maury . Are you from Tn. ? :)
I pulled my job application to transfer back to Michigan . I'm going to stick it out here in Tn. The economy is just too bad up there right now , and I don't want to have to move back as soon as I get an offer .

We were looking at alot of houses in the Charlotte and Eaton Rapids area .
I work in Charlotte and live in the Eaton Rapids area. Both are nice places. If you end in the area get a hold of me!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
618 Posts
TnRidge said:
I shot it in Hickman county ,not too far from Maury . Are you from Tn. ? :)
I pulled my job application to transfer back to Michigan . I'm going to stick it out here in Tn. The economy is just too bad up there right now , and I don't want to have to move back as soon as I get an offer .

We were looking at alot of houses in the Charlotte and Eaton Rapids area .
I lived in Shelbyville from 95 to 05. I`ve been hunting deer near the elephant farm/sanctuary in Hohenwald along Cane Creek since the mid 80`s and a few times years ago off Hwy 48 toward Centerville in Hickman Co.. My wife & 2 teenage girls wanted to move back here almost 2 yrs. ago now to be closer to her mom and brother who at that time had a new baby girl, had to spoil the niece.:lol: Had it not been for my youngest having 3 yrs. of high school left I would have stayed in Tn. cause I loved every bit of it. I understand the family thing but you are making the right choice by staying there, it`s tough for everybody up here not just the auto industry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Do you have any pics of the blind? did you use the netting or just shoot out the windows? Great lookin Bird! Congrats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
uncletj said:
I lived in Shelbyville from 95 to 05. I`ve been hunting deer near the elephant farm/sanctuary in Hohenwald along Cane Creek since the mid 80`s and a few times years ago off Hwy 48 toward Centerville in Hickman Co.. My wife & 2 teenage girls wanted to move back here almost 2 yrs. ago now to be closer to her mom and brother who at that time had a new baby girl, had to spoil the niece.:lol: Had it not been for my youngest having 3 yrs. of high school left I would have stayed in Tn. cause I loved every bit of it. I understand the family thing but you are making the right choice by staying there, it`s tough for everybody up here not just the auto industry.
I have done some hunting near Hwy 48 too . I was born and raised in Charlotte , Mi. We moved here in 1991 . There weren't any Turkeys in Eaton county when I lived up there , now I have heard they are everywhere .:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wackmaster said:
Do you have any pics of the blind? did you use the netting or just shoot out the windows? Great lookin Bird! Congrats
I'll take the camera along this morning and get a couple of pictures of the blind set up in my hunting area .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Cool, Thanks! I am just trying to see what kind of a set up I should use. I am using a Amerstep G-20 (kinda like a cheaper doghouse) and there is 4 large windows then 4 smaller windows inside of them and the smaller ones are in the center with them detachable screens. I dont know If it is dark enough for them to see me pull back in the larger window and I think the smaller windows are a little small to my likings.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top