Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question?

My brother sent in for a turkey license and received one.

Problem is he can't go during the early season but can during the ZZZ hunt.

Can he just buy the license for that hunt instead of the early season?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
To the best of my knowledge he has to take the area he was successful at in the drawing. If it wasn't that way there would be no reason to have quotas for specific hunts.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My problem also? I was successful in drawing first choice (although didn't get the license yet) and am hunting in California most of the period I drew. Can I purchase a license for the later season private land hunt and forget the draw?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Same answer as above.

·
Registered
428 Posts
boehr, is that still true even though I never purchased for the license and just paid $4. ? If so, they won't get my license money since I won't be hunting.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Yes that is true. I agree, it wouldn't be very smart to purchase a license you don't use, I wouldn't buy one either. At the same time it is likely that someone was unsuccessful for that same hunt because you were successful. It almost was going to happen to me too, my wife wants to take a trip to Florida but fortunately I talked her into a different week.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the fast response.
I will have a couple days left during that time when I return. I'll debate if I go. Last year, local dogs chased all the turkeys off anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts