Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went online today to see if I was lucky enough to get a turkey permit; which I was. (yes!)

However, I went next to see if my son was lucky too (Ipurchased his application immediately after mine, same location). The message appeared and said that his record could not be found. I re-entered both from the number on the reciept and his hunter ID number from his tag, which were exect matches. I did it 3 times with same results.

What am I missing? Does this have something to do with the "buddy" license??

thanks,

Apex

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Get your receipt out and check ALL the numbers. The #1 issue with failed applications for any hunt be it turkey, bear, ect. is incorrect ID or hunt numbers input onto the application. Someone fat fingers the letters/numbers when inputing the application information. I think if you have a printed receipt showing the incorrect info the DNR may do something for you? Not sure, human error on your end is not always a good excuse.

·
Banned
634 Posts
HI guys.......this happened to bearhunter who is a member here and is my freind ......he was told no reciept tuff luck and if you didnt check it before the end of application time your sol .....sorry just the way it is ,not fare either....

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Elk Guide,

That’s been my experience as well. One time, several years ago I bought my turkey application first. Gave the "Party ID#" to my would be partner over the phone, he went down to the local licence agent and put it as a "partner". After the drawing date I got my card in the mail that indicating I got picked; he got a "Dear John" letter. We thought what the ?????. After we checked it out we found were he had transposed two of numbers within the ID number and was told in so many words by the DNR he was SOL, had he caught the error before the end of the application period it could have been corrected. And although we were natually upset it wasnt the DNR's fault he'd done that. Cant blame them for his mistake. I now usually put in for my apps using the "on-line" link at the DNR, read it twice, print it once and check it once more for any mistakes before I file it away for safe keeping til after the drawing is over.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..the number on the reciept, and the number on my son's DNR Sportscard, and the number I have entered on the website are EXACTLY the same number.

Like you, I checked, re-checked, and checked again, just to make sure it was correct. Same result!

Hmmm?? Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I would contact the DNR. They will be the only definitive answer all the rest of us can do is speculate.

I hope everything goes well, it would be a big disappointment Im sure if you both couldn't hunt!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll question the dnr.

Still, do DNR sportcards expire. I purchased this for my son 3 years ago before he had a driver's license.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The sportscard is a one time issue, you must keep it until the hunter is old enough for a state issued picture ID.
My sons have used their original sportscards for several years now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I had only waited a mere 24 hours, we wouldn't have had to go through all this. In today's mailbox was two yellow postcards notifying both me AND my son that we were sucsessfull applicants for the spring turkey season. Guess it must have been the "buddy" thing afterall. Who knows! Anyway, we both got cards, so all's well.

Thanks for the input. Next year I'll wait a few extra days before embarrassing myself:)

Apex

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Cool! And as long as both of you got yours I'd let this become another one of lifes mysteries better left alone! ;)

Good Luck getting your birds! :)

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Originally posted by Apex
Thanks for the input. Next year I'll wait a few extra days before embarrassing myself:)
Apex

Certainly didn't do that!! Just glad the 2 of you will be able to hunt together!!

GOOD LUCK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts