Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quality isnt that great but you get the point, this is the double bull blind boys..... hope this link works http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/18567

im not going to lie... heads fly if you cant handle it, you probably shouldnt watch it..... close range i think this would be the head to try for bow hunters.... I think i will be giving it a chance this year... hopefuly i have my own video to post. :)
-Craig

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I'll be using them again this season....unfortunately I never had a shot opportunity with them last year! :sad:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Ack, I will be trying them this year also. My recurve may not have enough to decapitate but should do the job. I like the high percentage chance of clean miss, or clean kill. I am not the least bit concerned about aiming for the head. With my bow, the smaller the target the greater the focus. Also, one cluck on the diagram will give you a nice "up telescope" target...:)
Aim small, aim for the eye...

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeaaaahhhhhhhhh boooooyyyyysssss.... haha its almost that time i cant wait. I love when they stick there head straight up i know if i would have had one 2 years ago i would have had a dead turkey instead he just got a nice feather knock up along his head and went along with his business... that was with the recurve.. Im pretty sure they would work fine with a recurve supposed to fly just like a field tip and those blades should cut threw the air like butter i would think...someone better get one this year with them. 50's next week.... come on turkeys. not sure how opening week looks but i know i can go out mon and wed morning that week and supposed to have that next weekend off..... wack em and stack em. good luck

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Actually, the original video for the head was their downfall at the hunting shows. Shooting a bunch of tame turkeys wasn't well recieved.
( I didn't follow the link, so I don't know if this is the same video or not )

In my opinion, I've always thought that head was a gimmick anyway.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cute action.....

Thunderhead i could see why that wouldnt be good for sportsmen but i assure you these are wild turkeys.

The dubble bull guys seem like pretty good hunters to me and i have watched most of these on the outdoor channel someone must have just compiled them all together and made this clip.

I think this is a pretty dang good head to use to dispatch the turkey personaly. Most of the birds i have ever seen shot with them are in the head and neck area and pretty much drop right in there tracks like a shotgun does.... You cant tell me a shotgun puts them down any better or worse because i have seen the same results of turkeys with bows and guns... they are a tough bird. So ya if i would have saw them shooting domestic turkeys i would have thought that was kinda BS too (well at least the fact that they would be showing that at a hunting event) but these heads look very ethical to me... ill let ya know on the 23rd how good they work :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
HunterHawk said:
quality isnt that great but you get the point, this is the double bull blind boys..... hope this link works http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/18567

im not going to lie... heads fly if you cant handle it, you probably shouldnt watch it..... close range i think this would be the head to try for bow hunters.... I think i will be giving it a chance this year... hopefuly i have my own video to post. :)
-Craig
I received a DVD with the purchase of my DB Matrix but I already had the Guillotines when I bought it. You know I am going to have to have the camera rolling. Can't wait to watch a head fly!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I was told that when they were investigating if the head would be allowed for hunting. they were told by the DNR, I believe it was in Texas? To try these heads out on tame turkeys to see there effectiveness. That is why they have the white turkey shots. I can see why they would show these to advertise their effectiveness. But its a bit graphic for some.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tooth my dad got that same dvd i believe, did it come with 2 disks? if so he has that same one and they shoot all kinds of things out of that... my personal favorite i have to try is geese with a bow... be good practice for turkeys too.. might give it a try come september. but yeah we might have to get one of these broawdheads on film nailing a turkey..... (turkey when he sees my arrow coming for him :help: ) :lol:

·
Registered
896 Posts
those look cool but with my luck i'd get a 12 plus incher come in, pull the shot, and shoot it's beard off. :yikes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts