• mechanical

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Definitrly Mechanical. I get a much better arrow flight, specially whent I have a smaller target to shoot at.

OOps, almost forgot...Rockey Mountain Snyper.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Fixed Heads for me are the only way to go. The ones I use shoot just like my field tips.
I have never meet or seen anyone that has tried and like expanding blades. They may work great for some but I have never had any success with them. Just my feeling.

Arrow

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Rocky Mountain Gators XP 100's. They shoot very well and open too 2" . which helps your oods on hitting their small kill zone area.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Anyone see the new broadhead they have for Turkey.
Called the Guillotine ?

I was at Cabelas, looking at the video. Slicing their heads right off.

Me ..... I'm sticking with the Snuffer with the Turkey stopper.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have seen and heard of them. The problems that I'm hearing from them are that they are not very accurate. only good with in 15-20 yards max. but they do look like if ya hit one. it will do some damage.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yes but those gobbler guillitones break almost every shot. Take a closer look at the video, you will see the blades break. And someone on here has shot them and said the sound like a helicopter.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well spent the afternoon shooting the bow at the turkey decoy and it looks like they are in trouble.:D Took all the angle shots that will put them down including the head shot. One question, going to use thunderheads but was wondering if anybody used a fixed blade with stoppers behind them. I'm going to shoot out of a blind with shoot thru windows and it seems that the stoppers would have a problem with flight because of the design and material. Not a problem with just the thunderheads themselves. BAYDOG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts